cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Vita NAT issue

ashmatuk
Dabbler

Playstation Vita NAT issue

I can't seem to change my NAT from 3 to 2 and can't play online. I am fairly sure I need to forward some ports on my thomson 585v8 router, but I have no idea how to do this and which ports I need to do. Can anybody help?
9 REPLIES 9
Blim
Grafter

Re: Playstation Vita NAT issue

not to sure why this was moved or at the least not just answered .
Dose the 585v8 ROUTER have a dmz function?
If not here is a link on how to setup your ports (NAT). Ive already selected your router, all you have to do is selects what program your using like ps3 network....
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG585v8/default.htm
ashmatuk
Dabbler

Thanks for your help. The router does have a dmz function, I have tried that and forwarded the ports but still stuck on nat 3. So frustrating Sad
prichardson
Grafter

Hi ashmatuk,
It sounds like we need to get gaiming mode enabled on your router. Can you confirm your routers serial number in a private message to me, and we will sort this for you.
ashmatuk
Dabbler

Many thanks Phil, that solved it.
prichardson
Grafter

No problem, glad to be of help.
If you ever reset your router, this will need to be applied again.
nitewalker

i have tryed to change my nat type nothing is working i cant get into my ip address
RaidenShadow

Hi there i am running a vita on the Thompson router but im stuck to NAT 3 i need/want either open nat or 2/1 if anyone can help me i would much appreciate it, ive ran port forwarding for many ports TCP/UDP nothing seems to help ive tried DMZ too and nothing firewall in router is off now and still no luck the ps3 on the same network is running type 2 at 4.4mb download a 298kbs of upload so im lost at what else to try i see that someone mentioned "Gaming mode"  that worked for someone else in this room ill be willing to try anything within reason being stuck with "insufficient NAT" error on my vita isnt very nice to see when i know its type 2.
Thank You in advance
"Thompson TG585 V8"

Mathias
Grafter

Not got a PS but this helped for my xbox when i had NAT issues:
http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xb...
Hope it helps.
Matt
RaidenShadow

Ha thanks man, worked big time both my vita and ps3 on the wireless at the same time are now nat type 2 just what i needed much appreciated (Y) Smiley
Rick