cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation 4 common problem with Plusnet?

very452001
Grafter

Playstation 4 common problem with Plusnet?

Hi does anyone here having problems with online gaming on the PS4 where they cant play online 90% of the time?
What are the common problems and common fixes to get PS4 online gaming working again?
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Playstation 4 common problem with Plusnet?

I've seen various posts regarding issues with the XBox One and the PS 4 and it's not an issue with PlusNet's network, but I suspect with PlusNet provided modem/router. My sons each have a PS4 and one of them also has an XBox One they simply plugged them into the network, configured their (static) network settings and they just worked. But I'm not using a PlusNet modem/router. Others on the forum should tell you what you need to do, but a quick search of the fora for PS4 might get you there first.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

very452001 isn't using a Plusnet modem/router either, and there are plenty who are and aren't having problems with Gaming, so I'm not sure that it wouldn't be just a problem with the way things are set up.
Why do you assume it could be a possible problem with Plusnet very452001? Are you having a problem with a particular game, what game is it? You haven't given people much to go on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy seeing you pay more attention to the Fora than I do. I'll get my coat and close the door on the way out.
Anotherone
Champion

Yes please do so as I wasn't taking a dig at you just providing information. It seems if I post in a similar manner to your last post and someone gets upset, oh I'm in trouble with the mods, but when someone else posts like that then I'm not allowed to respond in a similar manner. It seem that the simple solution is for me to stop posting on this forum. I'll leave the thread to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah. I'm really confused. I know you weren't having a dig you were stating what I had missed, and rightly so, hence my reference to you paying more attention. I was getting my coat as what I'd already contributed was redundant. But if I'd done a bit of research I'd have known the user was using a TP-Link.
I can't contribute anything meaningful to this thread having already jumped in making incorrect assumptions. Also, I'm lost as to what you mean regarding the manner of my posting. I was simply stating a fact and effectively withdrawing from further postings.
Anotherone
Champion

It comes across as the reason for you getting your coat was because of the way I'd posted. And I'm afraid it's just another straw that's been breaking the camels back of late.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, sorry. I should maybe have included a  Grin or two. Didn't mean to offend far from it, if anything it was a compliment.
Anotherone
Champion

I certainly didn't, don't mean to offend you either, there's nothing personal, I'm afraid it's one of those wrong place, wrong time jobs.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
Apologies to very452001 for the above.
Maybe we should start again Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
very452001
Grafter

Its ok we can get back to the topic no problem.
very452001
Grafter

Its all the games. I cant play online games 90% of the time  Cry Keep getting session no longer availables and cant join a online match.
Ye I am using a TP-LINK TD-W9980 router.
My PS4 is saying I have NAT Type 2.
How do I configure (static) network settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I see it you have various options open to you, but for minimal faffing I suggest the following. You're router's DHCP server issues addresses from 192.168.1.100 up to 199, and has a default IP of 192.168.1.1 so I would suggest you use an address either side of these ranges.
192.168.1.2 > 192.168.1.99
192.168.1.200 > 192.168.1.253
To do this in your PS4 do this:

Select Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use > LAN Cable > Custom > Manual

IP = Address of your choice e.g. 192.168.1.200
SubNet Mask = 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS = 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS = 8.8.8.8

Once you've done this let us know how you get on.
very452001
Grafter

Many thanks for the advise there and I keep you guys updated.
Ye I remember I had the same problem with my previous ISP TalkTalk where I have to enter settings manually on my Xbox 360 to get online gaming to work. With Sky Broadband before TalkTalk it was plug and play meaning I didn't had to enter settings manually for online gaming.
So this indicates a ISP issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair I can't answer that one, there are others here far more qualified than I am that will be able to respond.
But please remember that the static config may not fix this issue, but is worth a try. I use a TP Link TL-R480T+ and as I said for us it was simply a matter of a static PS4 config and the rest was P'n'P.