cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planetside 2 issues

Illion

Planetside 2 issues

Hi There,
I recently moved from a branded business PLusnet connection (basically a plusnet business adsl) to a standard PLusnet unlimited residential adsl line.
Since I changed over I have been unable to play Planetside 2. Although my ping is ok, there is so much lag as to make it unplayable. A wireshark trace shows that the packets are titanium marked so should have the fastest route through Plusnet...
I dont get it...
Do I go back to a business line..?
Tony.

7 REPLIES 7
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Planetside 2 issues

That's really weird.  We'll have a good look at it tomorrow.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Illion

Thanks Kelly.
Did you find anything...? I havent seen any improvement.
Ill.
Kelly
Hero

Illion,
Really sorry, I failed to pick this one back up last week.  Bump this thread for me sometime tomorrow and I'll make sure someone is having a look.
Kelly Dorset
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Illion,
I've just been looking into this from our side of things for you.
I realise that it's less likely to be a line issue as this began when you changed products with us but I've performed some diagnostic checks which fortunately don't show any issues and also show me that we have the correct speed profile associated to your account (this can affect traffic management if set incorrectly) The connection looks stable too (current connection over 9 days) however I'm just wondering what your experience is of the speeds we'd expect you to be connected at so mind doing me a quick speed test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ to see what that shows us?
Also have you had any other traffic running at the same time as you've been trying to game? and has this been less/more noticeable at any particular time of day?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kelly
Hero

If you've still got those wiresharks they'll be useful. 
Kelly Dorset
Blim
Grafter

O_o
what sort of lag are you seeing? if you don't mind me asking. Ive had problems with this game in the past but Id like to know your problem and see if it relates in any way. I'm going to play some ps2 today and test the work PN have done with upgrades and tweaks to the QoS. Havent play any fps games in ages since they started using P2P.
JIO22
Grafter

If the lag has appeared since changing from a 'business' product to a 'normal' product, which it appears it has.  From a customers point of view, this would entirely look like its a issue with the product.

What differences are there between a 'business' and a 'normal' product?
Only Plusnet can really answer this, they will know.