cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planetside 2 - horrible lag

c0ld
Dabbler

Planetside 2 - horrible lag

Mainly during peak times (5pm to 1am) PS2 can lag very badly. I can shoot someone in front of me and only see the hit marker a second or two later. Just walking around, all the other players and vehicles are jumping around all over the place because of lag.
12 REPLIES 12
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Planetside 2 - horrible lag

By any chance is this Miller EU, and which package are you on?
c0ld
Dabbler

It's Woodman, another EU server. On unlimited.
zubel
Community Veteran

Is that the new Unlimited?
c0ld
Dabbler

I'm not sure tbh, why would it make a difference? Steam downloads are now at 14kb/s too. Starting to regret not migrating now.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The old unlimited had rate limits as well as prioritization, so on the old one unknown traffic would be more throttled whereas on the unlimited it's would likely be better handled.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
c0ld
Dabbler

The reason why I am currently downloading at dialup speeds and can't play online games because of 1 second+ latency is simply irrelevant to me. Either it can be fixed or I find a better provider.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

good luck then, because if people are trying to help and your curt then that help will soon dry up.
we're not staff just other customers trying to help.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
c0ld
Dabbler

Funny how none of these heavy throttling problems arose until after the new Unlimited product got announced. Fairly obvious they are trying to push old customers onto their new product. I'd imagine a few months down the line the new product will be so overloaded that it will be as bad as the old product.
> we're not staff just other customers trying to help.
Should have raised a ticket, since clearly this isn't something people here can help with. My mistake.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: c0ld
The reason why I am currently downloading at dialup speeds and can't play online games because of 1 second+ latency is simply irrelevant to me. Either it can be fixed or I find a better provider.

There are many reasons why, and the forums are usually a great resource to diagnose exactly what the issue is so you can ask Plusnet exactly what you need to have amended, fixed or changed
However, I've a short attention span with rude people.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

c0ld:  Nothing has changed on Unlimited at all.  It sounds like Planetside 2 is sporadically not being identified properly.
Our old Unlimited product has some severe rate limits on it, hence the slow Steam downloads.  They've always been there.  You'll be better off migrating to the new product.  Will be cheaper too.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Sres
Dabbler

I have the same problem on a different server, although my lag can be upwards of a 2 minutes.
Illion

On Miller EU I get massive lag - its like I am a ghost running round. noone knows I'm there and I cant interact with them.