cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pirates of the burning sea

Arm

Pirates of the burning sea

Lo 
Does anybody else play this game. If you do, do you suffer from lag?

Arm
11 REPLIES 11
Arm

Re: Pirates of the burning sea

Hello
I have taken a wireshark trace, but I can't tell if plusnet are prioritising the traffic. There does seem to be a large amount of UDP and TCP checksum errors and destination port unreachable.

Arm

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can't see any disconnections on your connection logs so suspect this isn't an intermittent connection issue. As regards the shaping, if you have a look at the link PJ posted above and scroll down the page to the 'Analysing the data' section this will show you where to look to view the ellacoya value (in the differentiated services field). A little further down than this is the table of values and their respective services so you can find out what the traffic is prioritised as (it should be either 0xa0 (titanium) or 0x80 (gold)).
Hope that helps,
Arm

Hello matt
I't 0x80 gold, should it be titanium?
Arm
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Either gold or titanium should be fine and you certainly shouldn't be getting the lag from our network. Where is the server you are connecting to and what is your ping like?
Firejack
Grafter

Hey
I can confirm the lag is caused by Plusnet. I have checked with 3 other Plusnet customers playing the game. Some of the games Traffic is being recognised as Gold. The vast majority though is going through as non-interactive (Bronze - lowest priority) or Unclassified (silver) traffic.
I have already raised this issue: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58960.0.html
& Ticket ID: 23824942
My request to get the game added to the Traffic Management system has been approved and I'm awaiting an update on when it will be complete. January the 24th is the date originally given for the fix to be applied.
Merrick
Grafter

The clients everyone using are patch version or fully built versions of the pre-release date client. The game isnt offical avaible in stores until tomorrow i think, that right?
It could well be some poor coding as well as the traffic problem and might get patched out in the coming days/weeks once the game goes live to the masses, so far its only the original beta testers that can play it.
Firejack
Grafter

Anyone who pre-ordered the game could join the pre-boarding party on the 7th of January for the launch.
About half the people in my Society are beta players. Many just wanted a head start on everyone else. The idea behind letting people in early seems to be to give the games highly complex economy system a kick start so its actually running when the game is released. The economy plays an important part in causing unrest leading to the big 25v25 battles.
The game client is the full release version. Already had 2 patches though  Shocked
The problem is definitely Plusnets Traffic management system as I've now find 5 others Plusnet customers having the same problem.
There does appear to be some improvement this morning though. I did a quick 5 minutes test and it seemed to show most of the games traffic is now going through as Gold Priority. Hoping everything is fixed for the games full release tomorrow. If not I'll be giving Plusnet a prod on the 24th for an update Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
This game's already been requested and is currently going through the change control processes. There's quite a large port range involved so it needs to be tested and the flows checked before it gets rolled out live. If everything is fine then I'd say hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week, but could take longer if there are any problem encountered.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Merrick
Grafter

Ah i stand corrected Smiley
I've been waiting for the retail verions coming out but some of friends from eve-o have been playing it and loving it.
ratinox

Quote from: dave
Hi,
This game's already been requested and is currently going through the change control processes. There's quite a large port range involved so it needs to be tested and the flows checked before it gets rolled out live. If everything is fine then I'd say hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week, but could take longer if there are any problem encountered.

This is excellent news - I've been playing this game and loving it, although the crippling lag I've been suffering makes it basically unplayable at peak times. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly Smiley
Grinch
Dabbler

I having the same problems with this game and noticed the game being unplayable last sunday at least. Im glad to here plusnet are at least looking into it and adding the game to there filters.
As my wireshark logs did show lots of checksum errors and burning sea traffic going through silver on sunday