cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings rised

amiller103

Pings rised

Hi i've been playing this game for just under a year on plus.net and i got on well with nice low pings, which usually would show green here - http://i34.tinypic.com/jzu1pc.png - but recently everything has been yellow and red which shouldnt be Sad whats gone wrong ?
8 REPLIES 8
scootie
Grafter

Re: Pings rised

felt like dial up loading that up  Grin
have you wiresharked the game to insure the traffic prioity is still ok?
amiller103

im not sure if i have done this right becaus ei have never used wireshark. im a bit of a nub at this how do i attach it ? wont allow ==/
scootie
Grafter

pcap files wont attach on here. you can upload them to a  file sharing website or do has ive done and take a snap shot.
your looking for the following that is circled in red, check the incoming pakets only as out going packets havint bein over the PN network yet so all say 0x00.
your looking for 0xa0 for gaming
amiller103

scootie
Grafter

i would submit that on a incorect traffic mangment ticket. insure any background traffic on your PC is kept to minum when taking the captue.
at first glance it only apperars that the sceencast port is being picked up as 0xa0 and the rest 0x80
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Pings rised

Hi amiller,
As ASBO says, if you attach that pcap file to a ticket (there's a path through the ticket wizard at http://contactus.plus.net - choose My Broadband Connection -> Broadband Gaming -> Adding a game to our traffic management system) we'll be able to get it added for you.
Hope that helps,
amiller103

how do i find out these three things then... and the game is already on the main list =/ ?
James
Grafter

Re:Pings rised

Hi,
If you submit a wireshark capture in a ticket and let us know the game that you are playing, we should be able to work out the rest for you.