Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings once again

ukpalanga
Grafter

Pings once again

Hello,
I'd like to complain about pings on Lineage 2 once again. This is the third time now that I have to raise this ticket, 2 times before it was fixed, it seems like it appears every 4/5 months. Though the problem isn't Lineage 2 alone this time, Counter-Strike 1.6 pings went up from 130 to 200 on my usual.
As well I noted that download speed in general became very unstable, it slides up and down like a roller coaster. From 20kb/s to 200kb/s from places where I usually download from at the speed of 400-500kb/s.
This all started like 5 days ago, I thought I had an internal problem since I reinstalled my Windows, went from Vista back to XP, but I checked everything and my settings are just fine, my router settings are good as well.
8 REPLIES 8
scootie
Grafter

Re: Pings once again

im sure u know about rwin mtu ect as youve moved back to xp just  remember that vista auto sets your rwin to best match your connection where xp you have to do the maths your self.
ukpalanga
Grafter

Actually I don't know about it. Could you tell me what you mean and what or where should I change if it actually is a problem on my side (which I still doubt)?
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi ukpalanga
it looks like the game is already defined on Ellacoya but just to make sure that your traffic is going through the titanium queue, do you want to attach a pcap file again and wil check it for you now?
ukpalanga
Grafter

ramidoodle
Grafter

Thanks for uploading the pcap file Smiley
all downstream for the game is going through the titanium queue, differentiated service field 0xa0 (highly prioritised)
however, your netgear router is working quite well. the problem could be in the Ethernet adapter you have (from what i can see, its a quality one) but it is trying to calculate the checksum instead of the CPU.
can you try to disable TCP checksum offload for the adapter from the advanced tab in the of the adapter in the device manager. another thing to use to tweak the connection up and reduce the transmission errors buffering delays is to set the MTU.
keep us posted pweez
ukpalanga
Grafter

I disabled the TCP checksum offload but nothing changed. The DrTCP part is damn confusing I got lost at step 3 of the tutorial.
ramidoodle
Grafter

The video help is quite straight forward I guess
MTU video
Merrick
Grafter

I've got a ping issue thats started only resently. 2-3 weeks.
A Teamspeak server i have reguarly used over the last 6 months or more has started giving me a 1000+ ping but 0 packet loss.
Its often very hard to get on the server now, it just times out. It was working perfectly fine.
Everyone else that uses the sever, up to 20 people at one time, can all connect fine. I play EVE and COD4 but i havent played COD4 much resently so i should maybe fire that up and see if my pings on their are now worse as well.
Any ideas?