cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping problems - whats going on? Seriously getting annoyed.

HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Ping problems - whats going on? Seriously getting annoyed.

funny you should say that..............http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81688.0.html
KaotiK
Grafter

ye its rubbish, getting sick of it, there aint been a reply from plusnet in this thread for a while, says it all. My pings today seem like im back on an interleaved line even tho i got it turned off 2 days ago, 40+ pings when tracing instead of 20 odd.Hope it hasnt been turned on ....
dungeonmstr
Dabbler

Terrible latency this evening.
There goes another couple of hours of frustration I'll never get back. Seriously, where is the end to this? It's all well and good keeping people happy for a few days at a time, but we should have satisfactory service ALL the time. It's what we're paying for, right? It's literally the most frustrating experience I've had with an ISP in over 10 years of being online.
monkey001
Grafter

same as its enough to make me pull my hair out.
got interleaving turned off months ago and had no problem what so ever for about 2 months 2 weeks ago my Internet was off for some reason ever since then its been crap and to make my weekend of sitting in my pants playing ps3  worse they have turned interleaving back on when i complained about my ping at the start of the week
thanks for ruining my weekend and gaming experience
Prod_Man
Grafter

Quote from: StingA
ingame pings in CS are 120+

<rant>
I can win on the basis of ping wars from a few months ago, forget "WoW" pings - which are usual for any MMORPG -  which are likely to be in the region of 400+ anyway.
Tried 3192ms-4096ms on CSS? Spend about 4 minutes just trying to move out of spawn...
Only to find you're dead, and were some time ago, and the round ended a minute and a half ago.
It's like watching a poorly animated 30s movie in slide show.
As has been told to me: PlusNet customer game servers are being pulled,
not by PlusNets choice, but the well oiled business machine that is BT... Thanks a bunch.
A non-merry christmas to them.
</rant>
Jim,
HaydnExport
Grafter

Quote from: KaotiK
40+ pings when tracing instead of 20 odd.Hope it hasnt been turned on ....

That's what i'm getting, i had a 26 ping when it was first turned off , it went to 33 , to 38 and now 40+  but my router is still telling me interleaving is off, i'd hate to see my ping with it on !!
now

then
Conor

I'm on the Pro package - no problems here. Seems to run flat out whatever time of night or day.
Bear in mind the following is taken while one son is on Xbox 360 and the other on the PS3 when I took the test. Ingame pings are usually in the low 40's but again, there's usually more than one person online at the same time.
HaydnExport
Grafter

What one of these would you believe ?  And how can they be so far apart ?  (tests done withing 1 minute of each other, and done a few to make sure it wasn't a one off)

C:\Documents and Settings\Haydn>tracert bbc.co.uk
Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.138]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1    2 ms    1 ms    1 ms  home [192.168.1.254]
  2    30 ms    31 ms    32 ms  lo0-plusnet.pte-ag2.plus.net [195.166.128.72]
  3    32 ms    31 ms    33 ms  ge0-0-0-504.pte-gw2.plus.net [84.92.4.90]
  4    31 ms    33 ms    34 ms  vl23.thn-gw2.plus.net [212.159.4.20]
  5    30 ms    33 ms    37 ms  rt0.thdo.bbc.co.uk [212.58.239.25]
  6    33 ms    31 ms    33 ms  212.58.238.133
  7    30 ms    33 ms    31 ms  virtual-vip.thdo.bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.138]
Trace complete.
C:\Documents and Settings\Haydn>
Woody3600
Grafter

Ridiculous pings tonight, even after a reset it's still 300+ to bbc.co.uk. I can't even stand still on COD MW2, i can put the controller down and my guy zips about the map lagging all over the place. SORT IT OUT plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could you run this command and post the results please:
pathping -p 50 -q 100 bbc.co.uk

This should show where the delay is occurring.
Edit: Please wrap the results in [pre]...[/pre] or [code]...[/code] tags to make it readable. It also helps if you resize the cmd box to give longer lines before running it so that you don't spurious line wraps.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
KaotiK
Grafter

Also getting ridiculous pings, ive been tryiong to gateway hop for the past 20 mins to get on PCL AG03, as its the only one i get good pings on nowadays. But of course constantly getting put on the rubbish ones.  What the hell is going on AGAIN. its so frikkin crap. only so much patience u can have with this. never a reply from plusnet, its a joke.
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Its bad tonight, really freakin bad.
HaydnExport
Grafter

I have given up on trying to get a decent ping tonight , this is a tracert i have done to the bbc (last post)
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81688.msg676467.html#new
Lark

Tonight has been really bad.
Me and husband both removed from a raid in WoW cos of the dc's from game  Angry
karmi
Grafter

Fuming. Pings are AWFUL between 4pm and midnight usually. Like anything between 70ms-130ms constantly which is absolutely hideous in comparison to a few months ago where on UK/NL/GER/FR servers I'd never really see more then 30-40.
So basically; during peak times PN gateways are getting overloaded and rerouting traffic through any means possible i.e USA and whatnot - why not just set aside dedicated routes for prioritized traffic? Yea I don't understand how these systems work but I do know that your basically currently taking the cheap way out and screwing the service in order to save money.
So yeah, you got till the end of the month to sort it out or you lose a customer of 3years+.