cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss Issue

richarde90
Dabbler

Re: Packet Loss Issue

At this point what are my options? I keep posting pages of me ranting but in all honesty I just need a recommendation. We have 4 people in our house trying to share 18mb download and we're classed as having high speed fibre which is just not true. It also means nothing will happen to improve the infrastructure for the few roads that suffer, its overlooked. I've had multiple technicians out and they cannot do anything. I also work from home so having adequate bandwidth is important to me both recreationally and professionally.

If someone has a course of action to escalate this I'd be eager to follow it up.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We need to get you back in the fault process tbh. Sad

@Gandalf go sic em!   

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

ooh, 4 people.  Can you confirm that you have the problems when it's just you gaming?  Or does it happen or is made worse when everyone is using the internet?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @richarde90

Unfortunately the previous fault ticket is now closed and due to the length of time it's been, we can't re-open it.

If you can raise a new fault at http://faults.plus.net nudging me over here once you've done so I'll be happy to pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As a heads up we've checked a back-end system for a more detailed analysis of your line and something definitely isn't right as your line is erroring with interleaving on and your line is banded, so it's definitely worth progressing this to an engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again. Just to add, while another arranging engineer may seem like we’re repeating history, realistically as your line isn’t doing well they’re in the best position to help as it’s obvious there’s some sort of infrastructure problem somewhere.

If you do decide to take us up on another engineer and if the problem isn’t resolved following the visit, then we’d have an option to escalate the fault with our suppliers arranging another engineer.

Hope this helps.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet