Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSN to Charge

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PSN to Charge

I recieved a PS message that Sony are thinking about charging for going on PSN similar to that of XBL, being a main selling point over the XBOX I think this is a cop out.
All my friends have the XBOX but paying for online play swayed my decision for getting the PS. It seems a familiar tactic of making the console appear a lot cheaper than it is then making up the money in extras later on.
That aside whats the story with these text messages, Is anyone actually monitoring the traffic of these messages and if not legit whats the motive behind them?
So far I have had  the one about Sony charging for PSN but if they get 5,000.000 could be 500.000 votes they might not. one about unlocking weapons and kit in CODMW2 if you pass the message on and one about a game that was only being released on XBox but would do a PS3 version with enough votes.
Any ideas?

After looking into it a bit more I believe that these are fake  Embarrassed
7 REPLIES 7
Grff
Grafter

Re: PSN to Charge

I doubt Sony would charge, as like you say, people pick the PS3 because it's free.
Even though you can pick a years subscription to XBL for around £28.  So £2.33 isn't exactly a major factor in which console to buy.  It's just the PS3 owners 'trying' to use it in the argument over which to buy.  Wink  Grin
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I find the biggest factor in picking Xbox as oppose the PS now the price has come down is downloading pirate games  Shocked
Yep everyone I know who has one has give this as the main reason.
Grff
Grafter

I don't know anyone that downloads games, and plays them on a modded xbox.  As far as I know MS are quite adept at picking up modded xboxes, banning any consoles they find.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I guess I just know some shady characters Roll_eyes I think they play them single player offline not sure exactly how it works Undecided so who starts these messages just idiots or is there something darker
scootie
Grafter

i love the M$ points ones that fly around XBL like a plague of locusts.
how any one would think M$ points would be given away free like this is  Crazy esp when its linked to a random site.
more fool the people that moan there gamertag has been hacked and wonder why
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

looking back a couple I forwarded on had spelling mistakes and were supposedly from activision Embarrassed everydays a school day  Smiley
mgillespie
Grafter

I'm sure it's not concidental that this FUD starts appearing now what Sony have brought out the big guns, with a slim console at a desirable price, and a huge raft of exclusive titles.
This crap was started by some upset little Xbox fanboy who spent all his pocket money on the first thing that came along, and now realises his mistake.
What we get for free today on PSN we will ALWAYS get for Free, however that does not mean Sony won't be adding adding additional premium services in addition to what we currently get and charging for those (Qore for example).