cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSN downloading speed

Jadeygogetters
Dabbler

PSN downloading speed

Hello, I mentioned in another thread about Media Go, the same applyes to this thread. Downloading speed can be quiet bad on the Playstation Store, any reason why?
4 REPLIES 4
Azagoth
Grafter

Re: PSN downloading speed

Tell me about it.  I bought Fallout 3 for the PS3 on Tuesday, put the disc in the console and was prompted to download a 24MB patch.  It took just shy of an hour to download 24MB, it's ridiculous, especially in these days of downloadable content and the like. 
I've been with Plusnet for nigh on 5 years now, but between the DNS problems (that they refuse to even acknowledge exist) and the shoddy speeds on PSN I'm seriously thinking of upping sticks and changing providers.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

PSN downloads are treated as a download server and are throttled as such. Depending on which package you're on will determine the speed.
Either best to wait till after midnight or doing it first thing in the morning, I do it first thing in the morning.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

its your choice stay here an set downloads of when there at line speed and have gd stable latency or move to a free for all provider and get ya 28mb patch in seconds yet lag your rear off in games. i know which i choice
Euge
Grafter

Horses for courses as they say.
I'm moving over to unlimited on the 8th, hopefully that works out for me. PSN download speeds have been perfect under your way pro 4, but obviously the throttling will affect it.