Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSN Charges...PS4

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

PSN Charges...PS4

Please can someone clarify what ongoing charges are required to use a PS4 playing multiplayer games like COD and FIFA 16...for example.
I haven't got one yet.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
10 REPLIES 10
hex
Grafter

Re: PSN Charges...PS4

For the PS4 you need to have a PS Plus subscription to play multiplayer games online - you get a few other benefits with the subscription also including discounts in the PS store, free games each month for the PS4/PS3/Vita (whilst the subscription is active - if you drop it and restart at some point you will still have access to anything you had previously) , and cloud storage for game data.    It is pretty much the same deal as for the Xbox One now I believe - online multiplayer for the PS3 continues to be free.
You can usually save a bit of cash on the subscription by purchasing from somewhere like cdkeys.com rather than from the PSN store.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

This tells you all about it https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-plus/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks guys....pretty much what I thought.
As you say Playstation Plus, with the PS3 it is an optional extra, with the PS4 it's mandatory if you want to play multiplayer.
Thanks.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

and its still more expensive than xbox live gold annual membership which I got from argos  for £35..... saving £3 on buying it direct from M$.... not to mention the new games are always more expensive /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Strat
Community Veteran

I needed a £15 Xbox gift card and looked online with prices ranging from £16.40 to £19.13.
I then spotted Curry's selling them for £15 so I reserved one and went and bought it Smiley
£15 seemed a far more logical price for a £15 gift card.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

yeah some places don't seem to understand that idea /
I often get a bunch of cards for xbl but only when there price is lower, in mid November some of the cards were on sale in argos for half price, so the £50 xbl card was only £25 in store but the £30 one was £35..... at the same time they were doing xbl gold membership cards for £15 for the 3 month ones or £33 for the 12 month ones .... I missed out on the in store price for the xbl cards and got them online for £35 yet M$ were asking £39.95 and other places were similarly asking more, it helped htat I had discount codes so ended up saving more on the total price as well Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
dvorak

Quote from: nanotm
and its still more expensive than xbox live gold annual membership which I got from argos  for £35..... saving £3 on buying it direct from M$.... not to mention the new games are always more expensive /

as I've not paid more than 33 for a years PS+ I fail to see your logic there.
Customer / Moderator
Strat
Community Veteran

Cheaper than cdkeys.com Undecided
dvorak

yeah i wait for deals and top up as and when, you can stack them don't just need to buy as it's running out.
Customer / Moderator
Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Technically you don't actually need to buy PSN to play PS4 online, some games, available to download for free, like PlanetSide 2, don't even require PSN to play online!
PSN gives you free games for both your PS4 and PS3 every month (you don't have to buy it twice if you own both!)
Games bought from the PSN store usually come with 2 gaming licenses, which means you can share the cost with family or friends and play together!
I love PSN  Cheesy