Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

PS4

I got my PS4 set up today and slotted in the new COD Ghosts.
It looks brilliant as does Battlefield 4. The graphics are well up to gaming PC standards.

Then I woke up Cry
Roll on December Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
11 REPLIES 11
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: PS4

Almost had me there..Beta tester are you? I will be getting the PS4 as I am finished with Microsoft plus Its cheaper!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
MichaelMac
Grafter

I can't wait either, November 29th the PS4 is released here.
But however, I certainly won't be relying on PlusNet for gaming that's for sure!!
wo0x
Grafter

AKag3nt47
Grafter

the PS4 will not match an 8 core gaming PC i can assure you on that! Cheesy
Strat
Community Veteran

Maybe not but at least you don't need 12 fingers.
Still, it looks quite highly spec'd http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/features/techspecs/
Main processor
   Single-chip custom processor
   CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
   GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

I'm a little surprised at the 500GB hard drive in these days of multi terabyte drives.
Then again....
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

Hopefully not in mid-game Grin
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Blim
Grafter

Based on the fact the gaming industry has been shaped around consoles and there hardware. Lets hope the new gen of games will be programed with multithreading in mind and maybe AMD can redeem its self. Because as it stand my bulldozer fx 8 core is pointless and if anything makes games run slower with its underpowered single core ability, due to the single core size.
AKag3nt47
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Maybe not but at least you don't need 12 fingers.
Still, it looks quite highly spec'd http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/features/techspecs/
Main processor
   Single-chip custom processor
   CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
   GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

I'm a little surprised at the 500GB hard drive in these days of multi terabyte drives.
Then again....
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

Hopefully not in mid-game Grin
funny... now go kill yourself old man! Tongue anyway the hardware sucks... the CPU is a low powered single chip! lol as for the rest it's total crap!  Grin
Blim
Grafter

Yes the hardware sucks but you miss the point. You don't need more than one CPU chip, this isn't a server. Consoles don't have to deal with heavy OS software.
If anything I see the PS4 specs as a good thing. You got the 8 core CPU driving the game market to use more than one or two cores to run the game engine. Then you got the fact the PS4 CPU will be clocked under 1.5ghz for heat reasons I can only guess. That gives so much head room for PC gaming with our 4-5ghz 8 core CPU's and that's without buying new chips.
I dunno about you guys but it's been too long since Ive seen a good working game new on the market. They all seem to be full of bugs and have performance issues.
The only odd ball here or elephant in the room is microsoft and the xbox. Who seem to be on a destructive mission.
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: friedfoodfan
now go kill yourself old man! Tongue

No need.....everyone else in the lobby takes care of that.......but I usually take a few with me Tongue
AKag3nt47
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: friedfoodfan
now go kill yourself old man! Tongue

No need.....everyone else in the lobby takes care of that.......but I usually take a few with me Tongue
yeah because your bruce lee old man lol
AKag3nt47
Grafter

Quote from: Blim
Yes the hardware sucks but you miss the point. You don't need more than one CPU chip, this isn't a server. Consoles don't have to deal with heavy OS software.
If anything I see the PS4 specs as a good thing. You got the 8 core CPU driving the game market to use more than one or two cores to run the game engine. Then you got the fact the PS4 CPU will be clocked under 1.5ghz for heat reasons I can only guess. That gives so much head room for PC gaming with our 4-5ghz 8 core CPU's and that's without buying new chips.
I dunno about you guys but it's been too long since Ive seen a good working game new on the market. They all seem to be full of bugs and have performance issues.
The only odd ball here or elephant in the room is microsoft and the xbox. Who seem to be on a destructive mission.
whatever mate! i'm just saying