cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 setup - Open NAT?

MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Re: PS4 setup - Open NAT?

I too am connected via router and by default getting NAT Type 2.
Also getting Strict NAT within COD: AW on PS3.
I would assume since its happening across multiple consoles that our connections are all working fine, but their servers are having the issues instead of us?
That's what I hope anyway.
EDIT - I just tried the DMZ option that Adam C wrote, and that changed my NAT Type to Open on COD: AW!
Here is what he suggested.
Quote from: Adam
As for the DMZ option, you should just need to click on the name of the device in wired/wireless section of the 'Home Network' heading, then hit 'Configure' in the top right and tick 'Always use the same IP address' option (take note of the IP address). Then just go back and click 'Assign DMZ to a local network device', add the IP and hit enable and this should do the trick for you.
KaotiK
Grafter

Re: PS4 setup - Open NAT?

Quote from: GameGenieBob
I too am connected via router and by default getting NAT Type 2.
Also getting Strict NAT within COD: AW on PS3.
I would assume since its happening across multiple consoles that our connections are all working fine, but their servers are having the issues instead of us?
That's what I hope anyway.
EDIT - I just tried the DMZ option that Adam C wrote, and that changed my NAT Type to Open on COD: AW!
Here is what he suggested.
Quote from: Adam
As for the DMZ option, you should just need to click on the name of the device in wired/wireless section of the 'Home Network' heading, then hit 'Configure' in the top right and tick 'Always use the same IP address' option (take note of the IP address). Then just go back and click 'Assign DMZ to a local network device', add the IP and hit enable and this should do the trick for you.

Where does it say  'Assign DMZ to a local network device'?? Ive enabled the always use same ip.. but cant find that bit