cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4/Xbox Nat failing, disconnecting from games solution.

zeroi13i

PS4/Xbox Nat failing, disconnecting from games solution.

Hi all.

Have been having a Failed NAT type and game disconnection for the past 3 days, have spoke to plusnet and they advised it was an issue with sony and they have been contacting sony through webform.

After reading through a couple post's one user did state he had issues when his IP was on the 51.xxx.xxx.xxx range, and that changing it to a static IP corrected his issue.

Now after i read this i checked my IP though a google search for "What's My IP" and low and behold my range was 51.xxx.xxx.xxx, So i proceeded to log onto the members section and enable the static IP for £5 and it changed to the 212.xxx.xxx.xxx range, Restarted my router, logged onto my PS4 and hey ho Nat has returned to Type 2 and I am no longer getting disconnected. 

So if you are having any NAT type or disconnection quick fix is to enable your static IP, alternatively you could open a support ticket and see if they can change the range you are on. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
abz

Re: PS4/Xbox Nat failing, disconnecting from games solution.

Wow!!

Thanks for the info

I've been having the same problems for 4 days. my Nat is on strict on my xbox one and I can't access the internet on my xbox 360 for xbox live. so I doubted it was Sony or Microsoft fault otherwise it would have been a large outcry.

I'm not tech savvy on how to change to static IP so I'm going to see if they will accept a support ticket request.

Thanks again Smiley  

abz

I can confirm that the above solution works. spoke to tech support who said there is a fault which Plusnet are investigating on their side to fix. no time scale as to how quickly it will be fixed. so I changed it to static IP, reset router and BOOOOM!! it worked.

Thanks mate for the solution

zeroi13i

@abz

If you go onto the members centre on the plus.net site and go to addons you can add a static IP for £5, just click on the button and it comes of your next bill. After that just restart your router and your IP will change.
BST
Grafter

Also using a VPN will solve the problem.