cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 Nat Type/Other Issues

flubber497

PS4 Nat Type/Other Issues

Hi,
Having spoken to tech support earlier this week they have told me to post here as I will get a better answer...
The issues I have are: -
1. An almost constant nat type issue with a few friends in the party chat system, this isn't cured by leaving and rejoining the party as it used to!  Sometimes turning the PS4 off and on again can cure it, other times no matter what I try it doesn't work!
2. Trying to join games with the same friends on FIFA, all other members of that party will join the game, mine will kick me straight out back to the lobby, this has happened at least 5 times tonight.  This is sometimes better when I only play with 2/3 people, instead of the usual 6...
I am thinking of changing the router plusnet have provided and would like to know if I would have any issues with using this router below?
We are on FTTC, and everything in the house is wireless, PS4 included.  Whilst I was on the phone I mentioned that we have around 10 devices connected to the wifi, but they aren't all in use at the same time, so not sure if this could cause an issue?
Here is the router I'm looking at - www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-D2-Wireless-Gigabit-Connections/dp/B00OA4YJFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF...
2 REPLIES 2
anthgood
Grafter

Re: PS4 Nat Type/Other Issues

With regards to your issue. You have a Strict (Type 3) NAT.
You need to open the ports used by the PS4. Or put it inside the DMZ on your router. If you bought another router. You would still need to do the same. Open the ports, or put the PS4 in DMZ.
Averagejoe
Grafter

Re: PS4 Nat Type/Other Issues

If you search hard enough in the forums there are instances where purchasing a new router and replacing the PN one had had instant results with NAT issues.  Can you borrow a non PN router to try or buy one online and send back if no good.
I think the chances are good that a new router will resolve your issue without messing with ports/DMZ etc.
I recently bought a TP Link 9980, all in one VDSL router, never had a NAT issue, do get bit of rubber banding etc. on BF4 but cant say whether thats the router or not.