cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 - COD: MWR Strict NAT Type

FRB72

PS4 - COD: MWR Strict NAT Type

Good Morning,

After the remastered version of Call of Duty was released, myself and a few friends all decided to invest in PS4's and Infinite Warfare in order to play MW altogether again. I'm having no trouble with getting online on my playstation and playing games, even joining chat parties with friends.

When it comes to joining matches on Call of Duty together, I am unable to join or host parties with my friends and believe it's to do with my NAT type being set to strict, I've searched online and watched numerous youtube videos detailing how to fix this and it appears I need to do something called port forwarding, which I've given a good effort and a lot of time.

Unfortunately I must be doing something wrong as my NAT type is still set to strict and I'm unable to play with friends. I would appreciate any help on the matter as I've spent lots of money specifically to play with friends and i'm struggling to find out how to do so. 

The router I am using (If that helps): technicolor - TG582n Plusnet

3 REPLIES 3
malfunkshun
Dabbler

Re: PS4 - COD: MWR Strict NAT Type

if you know the ports....

Open the toolbox, then game and application sharing.

Hit the configure option (far right, below the Plusnet logo) and half way down that page is a link to create a new item.

http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/games/newserv/?be=0&l0=3&l1=4&tid=CREATE_GAME   

the above might take you right to it.

FRB72

Thanks for your response, I have tried port forwarding and had no luck.

I've decided to switch to BT as I'll save £120 a year, plus my friends who're using BT don't have these problems. 

I tried contacting Plusnet but they don't support customers with port forwarding as it can pose a threat to security. I do however think it would be beneficial for both Plusnet and their customers if they produced a port forwarding guide for their routers which people could choose to use at their own risk.

malfunkshun
Dabbler

Hope it works out with BT, never had any joy with them myself

If you were running an OpenReach modem, then a different router would have been beneficial (if you dont use WiFi much you can get a decent one for not a lot of money).