cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 online gaming and usage

grim

PS3 online gaming and usage

Recently bought PS3 and playing world at war online. How much should I expect my usage to go up if I am playing this for hours on end? Is it a very high usage pasttime? Also - I know this is a daft question but . . . will the usage definitely be classified as "gaming"? Thanks, Grim.
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: PS3 online gaming and usage

Hiya,
Standard XBOX Live traffic (ie: no downloads, just online play) apparently uses about 20MB per hour.
Personally, I think that's a touch on the low side and I'm not sure whether or not PS3 traffic would vary.  I'd expect it to be picked up as Gaming traffic, but it shouldn't be particularly high.
grim

Thanks for the quick response and the hrlpful answers. Grim
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I guess each game is different.  I have noticed that since my son got the Xbox 360 (we also have the PS3) our gaming usage has really increased, he plays Halo 3 and it seems that this game eats BW.  I play Motorstorm online quite a bit and this is particularly low considering the time I spend playing it Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

COD4 on the PS3 seems to eat BW too
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
CapNcaveman
Grafter

I have been known to do 100+ hrs a week (no job) and still have loads of spare room for the rest of my browsing activity's including streaming. Cheesy  Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

around about 20MB - 50MB an hour depending on what game
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Myself and my housemate play World at War most nights on the PC and also use teamspeak at the same time, our gaming traffic and voip combined is around 200Mb per night.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.