cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 into DMZ

Jowsh
Dabbler

PS3 into DMZ

I can't assign my PS3's static IP address to a DMZ. I'm using the Thomson TG585 v7 with software version 7.4.4.7.
When I click "Assign a game or application to a local network device" it takes me to this webpage: http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/publicip/cfg/?be=0&l0=3&l1=0&tid=ASSIGN_PUBL_ADDR
When I click the drop down box under "Device" I only get the option to DMZ my iPhone and my PC. The option for my PS3 doesn't show, maybe I am totally doing it wrong?
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: PS3 into DMZ

Have a look through this thread and see what you can come up with, I don't use a PS3 Or Plusnets router so cant help you further I'm afraid. Good luck!!  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77544.0.html/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Has anyone successfully dmz a ps3 with a  Thomson v8 yet? I'm using upnp at the moment and suffer loads of disconnections
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i'm not aware of much success tbh, certainly by what has been written on these forums.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Angry Yeah there seems to be a lot of problems. I have tried adding the ps3 to the dmz a few times but can't get connection to psn. With the router being new to me I'm unsure if I have the settings right.
PN have created a rod for their back by picking this router. I wonder how many speed related issues are down to the provided router as oppose to PN's management of traffic. I have been looking through my summary of download speeds from broadband speed tests and my drop coincides exactly with using the new router.