cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 connection problem

jibstar1uk
Dabbler

PS3 connection problem

I have a wireless network set up with one PC and a PS3 connected to one router, however everytime I turn on my PC and its connected to  the PS3 connection always disconnects for the network.
Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: PS3 connection problem

can you be abit more clear on which is getting disconected. do you just lose conectivety between the pc and ps3 or do you lose internet all togther?
sounds as thoe there could be some lan ip confilcts going on.
if its the pc that loses conectivety can you do a command prompt ipconfig/all and post the info relating to your wireless card/adapter why its having trouble with its conection
jibstar1uk
Dabbler

I lose online access from the PS3, whenever my PC is online.
scootie
Grafter

i would make sure there no static lan ips setup that are dishing out the same ips and knocking the ps3 offline.
which router do you have?
jibstar1uk
Dabbler

I have the router plusnet sent to me, a thomson TG585 v7
I not completely sure what you mean by a static lan ip, I was having problems playing fifa 09 online so I put my PS3 in a DMZ, it connects o a single IP address, is that the same thing?
scootie
Grafter

on the router you can tell it to give the mac address of a device the same local ip address every time.
also you can set this up on the ps3 by manualy inputing the network settings there
if you have set the static ip up at the ps3 and not the router have you set the ip it uses to the first ip the router will dish out to devices by dhcp.
if so try setting the ps3's ip to somthing more like 192.0.0.10.   instead of 192.0.0.2.
hope iam making sense if not i would find the lan setup or address reservation menu on the router and setup the static ips from that end and set the network setting on the ps3 to auto. this way the router shouldnt get in a pickle
below is where i set mine up on my netgear
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Try here some good explanations http://portforward.com/ you can even let it do it for you if plug & play is enabled (UPNP)
Some things to make sure you do is check your router is allowing 2 users by allowing at least 2DHCP adresses (not including the router itself)
Find out which device is which I think it mat say on the ps3 label the mac adress.
Pretty much you need to tell the router to give the ps3 a certain ip then tell the ps3 to always use this ip otherwise the router rules wont apply.
Then do the same with the PC, if you set to Auto then the ip given by the router will depend on which machine you switch on first so better off manually.
Example
Router set to manual assign 2 I.P's between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 (192.168.1.1 being the router itself)
TCIP settings on PC manually assign 192.168.1.2 in the network adapter settings advanced tab, you need your subnet mask & DNS details from PN
PS3 manual connect settings as above but take 192.163.1.3 as the i.p
In the router put ip address 192.168.1.3 into the DMZ
Re-boot the router
IP adresses may be different on your router but its the last figures after the dot that matter most routers will use these  i.p's by default.