cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Thompson TG585 v7

pistolpetey

PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Thompson TG585 v7

I would like to play online with friends on the PS3 version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11.  The plusnet router is Thompson TG585 v7, and it never connects to the game my friends and I set up.  It always just loses connection to the game.
I've googled loads, chnaged settings but nothing really helps.  Is there any advice on this?
I've tried port forwarding but I'm not that techie and its bit over my head.  THere's no DMZ option which the game manuals suggest.  Any help is appreciated, 
3 REPLIES 3
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Thompson TG585 v7

If the version 7 is same as 8 it's under devices/pick a task then assign a public ip to a device. You ps3 will have to have a static ip to do this. Are you wired or wireless? If you have a NAT type 2 on the internet connection test but your on wireless see what your signal is. Interference can cause drop outs.
mariobazla

this is the extact quetion i need answering for both Fifa and Tiger on Ps3 ????
Can someone give me an idiots guide to setting up a static IP and assigning it on PS3c .  thank you in advance.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

www.portforward.com Find your router make and model and look for the list of games you need ports opened for.
If your already connected to the internet via the playstation look in the playstation connections it will tell you the ip of the router it's connected to and the ip the ps3 is plus the DNS servers. Plusnets DNS servers http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/settings.shtml
Come back out of there and go into connection settings just auto everything until you get to ip settings then go manual instead of auto and input what you saw before ie the routers ip the ip you saw before for the ps3 and PN's DNS servers.
If you enable upnp on the router and on the PS3 there's no need to forward any ports. If you don't want upnp disable on both router and PS3 and  follow the instructions on portforward.com and reboot both.
If you have a nat type 2 after setting up your connection you should be ok