Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Problems!!!

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

PS3 Problems!!!

Hi, ok heres the story.....
When playing FIFa09 on the PS3, connecting to my friends tom play is a REAL problem. Before anyone starts, i have read countless forums and changed the port settings and even turned firewalls completely off, but still no luck getting any game started, the message 'Game session is no longer available' is almost burned into my TV.
I am using a Belkin router, the particular frined whom i hav NEVER managed to connect and play with is running a BT Home Hub (the new black one, which is rubbish BTW!) I have opened the ports etc on his too, but still absolutely nothing.
I can play with random people 50% of the time i try to connect. I can play with another friend (B) no problem, and my friend (A) can play with the same friend (B) no problem but i cant connect to my friend (A) AT ALL!
So this leads me to believe there is a chance it might be my plusnet connection that is blocking him.
ANY IDEAS PLEASE ANYONE!

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: PS3 Problems!!!

What is your PS3 saying for it's NAT mode under network settings?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Have you all tried putting your PS3's in the DMZ zone on the router? Just to make sure your routers are definitely not blocking anything. Not sure about gaming traffic check to see if PN have the ports covered and another problem it might be the game itself, Battlefield BC was the same when it first came out which is slowly improving.
I'm no expert but if you can connect most times and to B the chances are the problem is with person A, one thing is for sure PN would not be blocking an individual the problem would be the whole game in general.
Del
Grafter

Sad Had exactly the same problem trying to play Fifa 2009 on the PS3 and reading the Fifa Forum it seems we're not alone.
What seems to work for me is to sign-in to the PS3 Network before starting to play Fifa 2009 then of course you have to sign-in to the EA server to play Fifa which has worked everytime so far for me, it's probably because I use different passwords for each.
Hope this helps.
Cheesy Del
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

PS3 is reporting that its on NAT 2.
I did put the PS3 in a DMZ but have disabled it again. Dont know whether its related but having my PS3 on a static IP and in a DMZ really slowed up my Internet speeds on my PC!
Del, what do you mean you have separate passwords for both, does it work for you every time using a different password for EA servers and PS3, it sdriving me nuts!
FIFA will be eout the window soon anyway Cheesy - CoD World at War in a day or so!