Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 - PSN Connection Problems

Redviper
Grafter

PS3 - PSN Connection Problems

Hi All
I’ve had my PS3 since January and have had it connected to my wireless router  via plusnet– no problem,
However for the past 3 days or so the connection to the PS3 has been absolute rubbish, the speeds are slow and/or I keep getting disconnected from PSN.
My FiL (who lives round the corner from us) is on Virgin Cable Broadband and has absolutely no issue at all, with any of what I’m experiencing on his PS3.
Using (although not generally at the same time) 2 laptops can surf the web no problem is just seems to be dropping me out of PSN all the time.
Why when it has worked brilliantly for the last 3 months all of a sudden I am getting issues.
Can Anyone help
TIA

Edit: My router is a Lynksys router,
4 REPLIES 4
Jon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 3

Re: PS3 - PSN Connection Problems

Hi,
I've noticed a lot of problems recently on PSN and I am using a cable line. I keep losing connection, unable to find games etc.
I think it may be their end to be honest...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Jon Smith
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
Azagoth
Grafter

I've been having that exact problem for ages.  I switch on the PS3 and it logs me into PSN as per normal.  I start a game and then within 5 minutes it logs me out of PSN.  It makes playing any on-line aspect of games impossible.  Strange thing is though, if I jump onto my neighbour's Virgin wireless connection the problem doesn't occur at all.  However, if I take the console around my mate's house, who's also with Plusnet, the same problem starts to occur again.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Out of curiosity which router are you using the PN Supplied Tompson? I have similar issues not with the PSN just losing connection to game servers. I have yet to find anyone who can give me the correct router settings and has no problems.
Like you I had reason to be stopping at my mothers about half a mile away on Tiscali. Her set up is everything it shouldn't be, loads of massive extensions. I never once got disconnected from a game. Last night back home got dropped three times from both MOH Tier One and BFBC2.
Azagoth
Grafter

I'm using a Linksys WAG160N.