Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Nat type HELP

Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: PS3 Nat type HELP

Good job Smiley
I'm pleased to hear you got it working, I will add that to my guide for PS3 users.
matt_2k34
Grafter

the same would be achieved by forwarding those ports via the router interface to your (static or dynamic) IP.
Smiley
sandmatt
Dabbler

I'm sure that would be fine but this was the tutorial i found.
Odd about the static IP thing i know, but this solution works and is simple enough just a case of copying and pasting as you see it.
Thanks for all help and solutions here though!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Quote from: sandmatt

Thanks for all help and solutions here though!

You're very welcome sandmatt Smiley
It's been a frustrating one... But we've got there! and Your little tutorial is part of mine now, with your name on it Cheesy
sandmatt
Dabbler

Do I get a prize? Beyond the countless horrible deaths I have endured on the game now....
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

Sorry for the many many posts but have been looking and searching and found this:
Guide to obtain OPEN NAT in PS3 Black Ops with Thomson TG782T Modem
Step 1- On your PC go to start click on run copy and paste this command. telnet 192.168.1.254 (press enter)

- When i put the password as blank it says invalid combination and immediately shuts the window down....
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

Will this fix work with the Thomson Tg585 V7 router?Huh
I have always had this issue with my ps3.  My xbox doesnt need any mucking about its just fine, but the ps3 and in paticular COD seems to not get on with Plusnet and/or this type of router.
I would be so happy if this could be sorted once and for all.
Also could someone confirm this fix works with MW3?
sandmatt
Dabbler

Quote from: leighbaldwin
Sorry for the many many posts but have been looking and searching and found this:
Guide to obtain OPEN NAT in PS3 Black Ops with Thomson TG782T Modem
Step 1- On your PC go to start click on run copy and paste this command. telnet 192.168.1.254 (press enter)

- When i put the password as blank it says invalid combination and immediately shuts the window down....

I copied this over from another forum. You need to enter the right combo for you router: your username, usually admin and whatever you have the router password set to, should be on a sticker provided by plus net.
sandmatt
Dabbler

Quote from: johnnybebad2000
I have always had this issue with my ps3.  My xbox doesnt need any mucking about its just fine, but the ps3 and in paticular COD seems to not get on with Plusnet and/or this type of router.

It does work with MW3. I know it says black ops but that was what the original fix was for, MW3 uses the same ports.
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

THANK YOU THANK YOU! sandmatt is a genius! can vouch for this with mw3 works a treat Wink
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

Quote from: sandmatt
Quote from: johnnybebad2000

It does work with MW3. I know it says black ops but that was what the original fix was for, MW3 uses the same ports.

Good, im starting to get somewhere now - can i ask if this works with the Tg585V7 router Plusnet provided me with?
If not then can plusnet send me the newer Thomson TG782T router please so i can fix this once and for all - been a year of trying to get this fixed.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

This should work fine with the v7
The username for the telnet session will either be Administrator or admin and the password may either be blank or the serial number of the router starting with CP
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
gpavlovic
Grafter

Thanks guys, finally got my PS3 to Open. You really have went above and beyond the Call of Duty  Cheesy
Justy a final note on the PS3 guide, if you have windows 7, then you need to go into, start, control panel, programs, then into turn windows features on and off and in there turn the telnet client on and you should then be able to use the command. As I had problems with this to begin with and sorted it this way.
Graeme
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

Quote from: gpavlovic

Justy a final note on the PS3 guide, if you have windows 7, then you need to go into, start, control panel, programs, then into turn windows features on and off and in there turn the telnet client on and you should then be able to use the command. As I had problems with this to begin with and sorted it this way.
Graeme

Very important to do this Wink
mattturner
Grafter

We've documented this here:
http://community.plus.net/library/uncategorized/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg5...
We've expanded the port range so that games which do not adhere to the standards will still work.
Thanks,
Matt Turner