cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Nat type HELP

RedHolly

Re: PS3 Nat type HELP

Hi Matt, Sorry was past my usual bedtime! Don't have a mac or pc or laptop. Ps3 is fine for me with gaming and basic browser. I did try the ports at the same time, but only the ones on portforward. Should I put the ones in your post 3074-3075, 3478-3479, 3658? Also what should my other settings be? If I disable upnp on ps3 I get nat 3 which seems bad. Should I allow it on the router? Should I turn off the firewall? Portforward.com doesn't explain! Also I have the TG585v8 if that helps. If you're able to help over the phone that would be a god send! My broadband was only activated yesterday and that's when the problems started, hence my below comment. I've been playing MW3 since Tuesday with no problem on my old settings/ISP. I feel like just sending the whole lot back to Plusnet at the minute. Was so frustrated and tired I ended up getting into bed in tears!
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Nice to see everyone is getting sorted Cheesy
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

We still need to sort out "smiles1984".  He has messaged me asking to explain exactly step by step how i managed to sort it the open NAT on ps3 MW3.  I have copied and pasted from this thread as its starting to get a bit of mess if you want to follow all the right steps in order ie
Set up the PS3 DNS settings
Make sure you can telnet with your version of windows
do the telnet commands including save
hey presto
dick:quote
RedHolly

Is there no way I can co this through my router then? (logging in through my ps3 browser) I have to have a laptop to fix the PS3?
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

I suspect the ps3 wont support the telnet command shizzle and it will have to be a PC.  If you have a mate with a lappy, i would ask them round for dinner and ask them to take their computer  Smiley
dick:quote
RedHolly

OK I have a friend coming over in a few hours with his laptop  Smiley So I follow the instructions on page 1 of this post and I should be sorted right? I have messed about so much with my settings should I factory reset the router and the ps3 settings before my friend gets here? I think I've currently got a static IP set up? God I hope this works   Shocked
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey RedHolly,
As long as you follow the telnet instructions, It'll work a treat Smiley
Regards,
Matt
RedHolly

Matt and all who helped.... I can now confirm, GAME ON! Round of applause to all you lovely people  Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

Sorry i didnt reply earlier, just finished a 12hour shift  Undecided
Nice to know you're all set RedHolly Smiley
Regards
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

Holly woo hoo!!!!!
Great isn't it?
james2k12

Quote from: Mattz0r
Hello there,
As we have had a number of calls today relating to Modern Warfare 3 on PS3/Xbox360 in relation to multiplayer mode and strict NAT, I thought I'd share my 2 cents on what I've been able to achieve today in resolving some of the issues.
What do I need?
An Xbox/PS3 with a dynamic assigned IP address.
- HowTo: PS3 (Follow this until you get to DNS, select Manual and enter the DNS addresses as per the below) - HowTo: Xbox 360 (This is the old dashboard, but the steps are the same) <-- follow these guides but ensure that they are set to AUTOMATICALLY DETECT IP
*ADDITION* Manually assigned DNS servers *ADDITION* (Thanks to leighbaldwin for this!)
A Thomson TG585 v7 or v8 router
A working Internet connection
A Computer/Laptop with connection to the router.

Before Going any further
IMPORTANT If you have had to change your xbox or PS3 from static to dynamic, Please reboot your device before continuing. End Important
Ensure that you have manually assigned DNS servers, You can use the Plusnet ones which are
Primary: 212.159.13.49 and Secondary: 212.159.13.50

What do I need to do for Xbox 360?
We now need to login to your router via http://192.168.1.254 - This will ask you for a username and a password - The username will be admin and the password will be the serial number of the router which starts with CP please ensure you type this in CAPITAL LETTERS.
You should then be presented with the Thomson Gateway page with 4 or 5 purple boxes on the left hand side. Please click on "Home Network" followed by "Assign the public IP address to a network device" under where it says "pick a task"
You should then see at the bottom where it says Internet - And an option to click "edit"
You will now be presented with a list of currently available devices that are compatible to have the Public IP assigned - The xbox or PS3 may be listed as "Unknown" followed by a series of letters and numbers - You will need to find the MAC address of your device, which you can do by following these steps: HowTo: PS3 MAC Address and HowTo: Xbox 360 MAC Address
Once you have found your device in the list, you will be able to assign this. The next step is very important. You will need you ensure that you reboot your PS3/Xbox in order to obtain the public IP address instead of the local IP address.
Please refer to the below images if you need assistance (Sorry, I only have an xbox :P)
Xbox With Public IP Assigned
Public IP Assigned to device
NAT IS OPEN Cheesy
But what If i want to do this on my PS3?
Windows 7 users: if you have windows 7, then you need to go into, start, control panel, programs, then into turn windows features on and off and in there turn the telnet client on and you should then be able to use the command
If you have a MAC: These commands will work, You can just use "Terminal" which is located under Go -> Utilities
Quote from: sandmatt

Guide to obtain OPEN NAT in PS3 Black Ops with Thomson TG782T Modem
Step 1- On your PC go to start click on run copy and paste this command. telnet 192.168.1.254 (press enter)
This will open a telnet session with your modem, you will then be asked for a Username and Password.
Username: admin (press enter)
Password: your modems password (usually blank by default) (press enter)
Step 2- copy and paste these 4 command lines one at a time pressing enter after each one is done.
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074-3075
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3658
:saveall
then close the telnet session
Step 3- Reboot your modem (just power off and back on) not always needed but is helpful to do after changes made.
Step 4- Open Call Of Duty Black Ops on PS3, go to multiplayer and enjoy your OPEN NAT gaming from now on 😃
(edit) also i made a youtube video of this process in the link below to help assist people through this guide.

-gv5fAFzaY
Reference to how this fix was achieved- /forum-replies.cfm?t=1736568
I have done this and can confirm that it has opened my NAT, yay!

In a nutshell...
Your problem should now be resolved Smiley
If you have any problems with this, I'll try and assist as much as I can.
Regards,
Matt
P.S. If you have followed this guide on Xbox 360 and it has worked. Please can you reply and advise me Smiley

Hi Guys and Girls i know this post is old now but i too have been racking my brain on why this "assign a public ip" DMZ doesnt work.
its hard too explain but ill give it ago its taken me 18 hours to figure out! but anyway here it goes
everything that you have explained above is correct although like others i found assigning a public ip, it would do everything apart from giving the PS3
an Gatway comes back at "0.0.0.0" i have no idea why i beleave it could be down to how the router just is etc.
so i decided to do the whole thing manualy on the PS3
Example:
ip address: 120.20.20.250 <--- PS3 ip address
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default router: 192.168.1.254 <---Gateway
DNS: 208.67.222.222 <--- opendns
DNS: 208.67.220.220
This never worked no matter what you do as i i had a brain storm and its so simple
when an gateway on any router is say...................................... 180.50.1.1
the ip addresses the router then throws out at pc's are say 180.50.1.47
they always correspond i guess its just how these systems work
so i then went back and changed the gateway as follows:
ip address: 120.20.20.250 <--- PS3 ip address
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default router: 192.168.1.254 <---Gateway Match this with your ip address your router gave too your ps3 via "assign a public ip" ((BUT)) change the last entry for this
example you would change the ***.**.**.250 too ***.**.**.1) so ps3 ip 120.20.20.250 gateway 120.20.20.1
DNS: 208.67.222.222 <--- opendns
DNS: 208.67.220.220
Can i request that maybe someone here may put this together too make it easier to understand as i am not very good at explaining Smiley "im not a word's-smith.
James.