cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Help

goberpiles
Grafter

PS3 Help

I have tried to play FIfa 09 tonight on the PS3 it tooks ages moving between the online menu options, and failed 4 times to allow me to play clubs with 3 friends, it kept booting me from the dressing room.  
Any ideas on how to improve my connection on my PS3?
I have got Plusnet unlimited and the Thompson TG585 v7 router.
I have tried sorting ports but have found nothing but confusion.
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: PS3 Help

Are you using an ethernet connection or wireless?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Euge
Grafter

I remembered someone else having problems with fifa09 and this was one of the responses.
"I've definitely had problems with uPnP with FIFA '09 fixed only by opening firewall ports. I tried uPnP on two different routers and it still didn't work - DMZ worked a treat."
Adiewoo would know better than me, especially if you need help with putting the ps3 into DMZ.
scootie
Grafter

am sure its not an easy thing to do on the thompson to place it in the dmz. will posts ive seen before all had diffculty in doing it maybe one those that worked it out will pop there head in
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

There are a million posts about the connection problems in Fifa09, i have had it since release. My PS3 is wired now and a bit better, its just luck of the draw whether you can get in or not.
goberpiles
Grafter

Moved to wired connection about 4 weeks ago, I have tried putting my router into a DMZ and also port forwarding but the Thompson router is confusing as hell.
goberpiles
Grafter

All the required ports are now open anyone any ideas on what else I can do I just cannot get a stable connection on Fifa.