Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Headset help

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PS3 Headset help

I only recently bought a PS3 converting from pc gaming because my wallet can't keep up the equipment needed to play the titles I like?
Being used to pc gaming in Clans and stuff I was amazed at the lack of choice in gaming headsets for the PS3, seems to me at the moment that you have the choice of either a bluetooth single ear piece of headphones.
The downside being that you have to listen to the game sounds through the tv speakers while on the bluetooth mic or do without comms with a set of headphones Sad
I'm more into doing both through the same set and not bothered about it being wireless, so far it seems like the holy grail, has anybody got or heard of a set up that works with the PS3?
So far I can only find this http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/3228&cl=gb,en but its hard to tell whether sound comes out on both the ear pieces, looking at the images it looks like it has two earpieces although the small one may just be a padded support.
I checked the sites specs which mentions nothing of whether its stereo or mono and the support part doesn't even have a bit that caters for the PS3 stuff. I would feel a bit of a tit phoning the helpline and asking if sound comes out of both  Smiley
Any suggestions appreciated, any self respecting online gamer knows the importance of hearing things like footsteps in stereo.  Cheesy 
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: PS3 Headset help

AFAIK Sound from an analogue television, unless receiving a NICAM signal is not in stereo. Might be worth checking (unless you are using a digital television for playback).
PS I know nothing about a PS1,2 or 3 (except that IBM once brought out popular PC's known as a PS/2 (and also a PS/1)).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Gus
Aspiring Pro

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/hardware/accessories/detail/item48490/Component-AV-Cable/
Component AV Cable also features left and right audio plugs for direct connection to an amplifier of hi-fi system. For connecting PLAYSTATION 3 to compatible High Definition televisions, the Component AV Cable is second only to the HDMI Cable.

So guessing it will use 5.1 headphones like my Speedlink Headset
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the replies  Cool
I currently have my ps3 plugged into a lcd non HD tv via a s-video lead, this has much better results than the standard lead supplied with the PS.
I have some wireless headphones that I connect the transmitter into the headphone jack of the tv and the audio composite s-vid lead into the audio connections on the TV, I guess I could just plug the ps audio composites directly into the IR transmitter but I like to be able to control the volume with the TV remote.
As for it being in stereo I assume that it is  as I can hear directions of footsteps or shots fired.
Gus them headphones look just the ticket and would double up on my pc as well  but I'm still not 100 % sure there compatible with ps3 chat.
That seems to be the problem at the minute the product makers need to make it clear that headsets are ps3 compatible.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Still Looking  Grin