Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Chat

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

PS3 Chat

Chat is a double edged sword on most FPS, Ok when everyones using it too its full advantage but soul destroying when the rooms full of d1ck heads.
The COD series I find not too bad as generally its not a big tactical game so theres more time for banter usually harmless, SOCOM on the other hand is the far right of online chat & the vote kicking part of the game is abused to the MAX. Not! stereo typing our American cousins but for some reason they seem to hang out in EU English servers even though there are more than enough US servers (some say this is down to the game being released in the US first so they hang out in UK servers for easy points)
The amount of time I have knocked off SOCOM due to the most obnoxious Americans in there, one night a player asked how to swim underwater, after getting called a queer and several comments about his mother they all vote kicked him out the game ! Nice.
At some point I hope that game developers can get the mix right with chat, vote kicking and servers, at the moment the people who want to have tactics and comms get abused and setting up games with people you know aren't idiots drops you out of the points system usually unranked.
Fair enough this would leave the points open for abuse by people allowing there mates to score medals on them but that in turn reflects in there score as you can only have one account unlike pc titles.
Just my pennies worth 
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: PS3 Chat

I've been playing bad company the past couple of nights and forgot how important the chat is on this game.
every match ive been in no one talks or there in there litle party chat clans.
In some rooms i enter you can just tell the other side is clan or at least stangers talking to each other due to them turning up at the first gold base in force at the same time with very orginized attacks in place why my team not talking to each run round like headless chickens
O i tell a lie i did hear one yank kid speaking but it certainly wasnt about tatics just normal rubbish that comes out of so many yank kids.
My tatic for these sort of gamers is just not talk to them because thats all they want is for some one to talk back so they know the god awaful rude chat is anoying some one.
If i find there being extremely rude and no ones talking back or they are attacking some random person that dosent deserve it then i will switch my mic and use my  10 second rule and i make sure my gd put down hummour is used to its best for that 10 seeconds then switch my mic back off and sit an laugh my head of as the rude kid try's to come back at me with there rubbish for a full 10 mins and not getting any where with it and makes them self's look even more stupid.
its about quality not quantity.
agree with you on COD there isnt a great need for team chat all tho when playing with a friend it does save your bacon the odd time when some ones sneaking up on you and your mate spots them first but as for a mass team tatic to when the battle i dont think it works that great on COD
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

'American cousins' and EU 'English servers', can I not play Sad
SCOZIA
scootie
Grafter

surrpised i was not told off for my cheek of posting in ps3 chat  Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Grin I'm generalising yes, but it is annoying don't get me wrong I've been in clans with American members and also on my PS friends list BUT and I don't think anyone can argue this Trash talking seems to be par for the course in America. Take the Socom test if any one has it go online find any server and play and I will guarantee the first offender will be a U.S kid. I have only ever heard any other nationality trash talk when there been set upon. Maybe just me.
As for the English servers I dont mean US shouldn't be in there its just the point of it is to bring EU english players together in the same server Yes? A bit like going into a Chat room or board thats for people who are interested in tanks( bad example possibly  :))
If you you were in a room that was just for U.S lovers of flowers & found that you couldn't get in most nights because  it was full off spanish people talking about grapes what would the point of the room be?
I hope this hangover goes soon