Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 - Burnout Paradise network issues.

mk2cav
Grafter

PS3 - Burnout Paradise network issues.

Hi,
I am on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1, why is it that every week night at 8pm exactly the connection to the server drops and I do not get a connection again that evening. At the weekend its prety much down all weekend.
Is this game on your magic list of games that dont get throttled?
the game connects to the server on port 3658 and runs voip on port 6000
Thanks
27 REPLIES 27
James
Grafter

Re: PS3 - Burnout Paradise network issues.

Hi there,
I'll make sure that Dave checks this thread at 12pm when he gets in.
Thanks for the heads up.
mk2cav
Grafter

Thanks for the quick response.
This is why I have been a loyal plusnet customer for 5 years now.
James
Grafter

Hi again,
Our Lead Ellacoya Engineer has actually been playing this at home himself with no previous problems.
He's going to do some further testing at home tonight though, to see if he can replicate any of the issues that you have been seeing.
mk2cav
Grafter

Could it be the broadband plus package that I am on thats causing issues? Throttling on it possibly behaving differently from the new packages available ?
I have been in IT 13 years now and helped Dave Hanson out at plusnet when I was on the MAX ADSL trial that plusnet ran a few years back.
If there is anything you want me to try just let me know, happy to help.
Cheers.
James
Grafter

It shouldn't be, because all gaming traffic on Broadband Plus will be treated as Titanium in the same way that it is on Broadband Your Way.
I'll let you know of any further news once Carl's done his testing tonight.
mk2cav
Grafter

I know this is a daft question but is Carl on an xbox360 or a PS3, the micrsoft network servers and PS3 Network Servers behave in different ways so I would guess the packets look different (Possibly).
James
Grafter

PS3.
mk2cav
Grafter

Again tonight just after 8 PM i was unable to connect to the servers for Burnout Paradise on the PS3. I could however use the PS3 web browser to browse the internet and send messages.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Any chance we could keep this topic to just one forum? Wink
As I've said on ThinkBroadband, I've passed on your comments.  Is this only happening just after 8pm?
mk2cav
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Any chance we could keep this topic to just one forum? Wink

No Problem, consider the other thread closed.
Thanks for the help.
Did Carl spot any issues last night with burnout paradise?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Apologies for this, Carl wasn't able to test at that time last night (apparently being a Dad got in the way of quality PS3 time!) but he'll definitely be playing tonight.
Apologies for the delays.
mk2cav
Grafter

apparently being a Dad got in the way of quality PS3 time!

No problem James, being a Dad is just an excuse to teach your kids to play the games also. Burnout paradise has totaly changed things in our household, my 6 year old son is up dressed and ready for school by 7.20am so he can get an hour on burnout paradise before going to school Wink most likley because he cannont get on in the evenings because I am on it Smiley
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: mk2cav
apparently being a Dad got in the way of quality PS3 time!

No problem James, being a Dad is just an excuse to teach your kids to play the games also. Burnout paradise has totaly changed things in our household, my 6 year old son is up dressed and ready for school by 7.20am so he can get an hour on burnout paradise before going to school Wink most likley because he cannont get on in the evenings because I am on it Smiley

Grin
I have my daughter (she's 6)  playing on line now, while she's been causing havoc I've had a look at what's going on at the network level.  I can see two TCP ports being opened to EA servers that we have not classified correctly.  Will get a change request into the port additions for our Ops ticket team to action Monday morning, in the mean time forward me (PM) your username and I'll put a temp fix on your account (as long as you promise not to download the internet  Wink )
Regards
Carl
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: mk2cav
the game connects to the server on port 3658 and runs voip on port 6000

Like I said it also uses two other TCP ports, the actual traffic between players (peer2peer) is UDP 3659
Regards
Carl