cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC gaming monitors - any recommendations?

tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: PC gaming monitors - any recommendations?

As an alternative I would also highly recommend ultrawide monitors.

Im currently using the LG 34":

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM65-P

This is a slightly older model now and there are others on the market including 4K and curved should your budget extend to that.

For gaming I found that the 2560 x 1080 resolution is great as its not overly taxing on my 970GTX.

Quite simply, I couldnt go back to 16:9 now...

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I would have loved an ultra wide screen or just bumped the size up to 27" but my budget was pretty much limited to £300 which limited my options. I could have got a 32" screen but with rubbish response times and bad refresh rates for the same price.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

tokey
Aspiring Pro

Next time round maybe Jaread.  The prices will have come down by then too as the form factor is getting more and more popular.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

haha yeah. I guess after 8k screens are out, the 4k screens will become a lot cheaper. I couldn't wait that long though, my old screen was seriously messing with my eyes at 4:3 1600 x 1200 with 60hz refresh rate and 16ms response time.. also that my old screen was from 2004. Everything looks so much better now with a modern screen.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

tokey
Aspiring Pro

Its funny that its often the peripheral that gamers are least likely to upgrade but has arguably one of the highest impacts on the experience.

Before I got the LG I was in a similar position to you, using a budget 22" LCD from 15 years a go that was slightly but noticeably tinged with yellow.

Fortunately my wife loves me and bought me the LG as an anniversary present Grin

Mav
Fixes: 514

@David_W wrote:

I would (strongly) recommend not getting a 1080 monitor, get a 2560x1440 (I use a Benq GW2765), the reason is simple, a screenshot here of ED in 1080 on the Benq...

One of my monitors is the GW2765 (I don't game, though) but it is an excellent monitor.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still