cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Just realised this is our tomorrow but i know very little of it, anybody got any good/bad things to say before a part with £39.99 tomorrow.
Looks very good, more tactical then CoD or Battlefield?
17 REPLIES 17
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

£39.99? Ouch, I think my pre-order was £17.99 for PC.
I'll let you know what I think of it after the weekend.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
monkey001
Grafter

better on the pc as its 12v12 and on consoles its 4v4
games are always better on the pc
it does look good but im the same as you £40 still alot of money waiting on reviews
Azagoth
Grafter

Cancelled my order when I found out that the multiplayer option was P2P based!
Bojangles
Grafter

Does look like a console port. Which are usualy dreadful. Looks incredibly brown. That and they've decided to delay the demo so they can give the game more polish? Sounds very rushed like most games today.
scootie
Grafter

some one in the neterhlands on my xbl friends list was playing this last night. but he does work in a games store
scootie
Grafter

caved in an bought it today.
like the tatical multiplayer. very mono colour thoe but battlefield is like that so am use to it. lots of ways to do stuff its jus remembering which buttons press to make it happen  Roll_eyes
any one fancy a game am running on a diff xbl tag at the moment. Tag= ii hobolow ii
EDIT= well since the first few online games its bein murder to get a match. most the time the server browser returns nothing and most the time cant connect to host. i have found thoe that wen it says trying to connect to host if you click select straight away this dissappers and more than likely you end up connecting.
dam P2P
this is where the ps3'er butt in and say the free network is working ok
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Only managed to connect to 1 game on PS3, and that was murder!
Loving the single player, took me passing the 2nd mission to really get going but once i did i was off, did a 7 hour stint yesterday. Dont know if i fancy playing online much, you cant be killed by 1 bullet from 200yds away so it could be VERY frustrating!
Prob trade it an after finishing single player, but really like it.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

A few friends have this total and all complain about getting connected to multiplayer on PS3, I liked the look of it in the video demos it had a bad company feel about it. Asda where suppposed to have this in store at £27.99 not having a store near me I'll just wait for this game to come down a bit more.
I don't like the sound of 4x4 all the time sometimes you just need a 12x12 server just for a good tear up.
scootie
Grafter

last night i just played host because browsering for servers is hit an miss.
played anilation (death match) all last nite and had some good fun.
you realy do need to talk to your team thoe and tends to work best if each person has control of a AI sqaud instead of all going in as the same sqaud that way you can realy pin the suckers down in one spot if you keep your AI sqauds in perfect control.
the only thing that anoys me bout the multiplayer is if sum one has control of the AI sqaud your in but dosent even order them to the front line and just leaves them stood at the start point. Crazy
you cant be killed by 1 bullet from 200yds away so it could be VERY frustrating!

try a head shot that does the trick in one shot in multiplayer. mind i did get the bug the on sat where you can just keep on shoting sum one and they dont die

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

mind i did get the bug the on sat where you can just keep on shoting sum one and they dont die

They call that the missing bug  Roll_eyes Only joking M8
Does the AI follow you into the mplayer matches? Its getting a bit more interesting if it does.
scootie
Grafter

Does the AI follow you into the mplayer matches?

how do you mean? i havent played the single player yet. i dont tend to i just like playing online.
controling the AI in multiplayer is a big must. j
ust does my nut in when sum one joins your squad as commander when youve picked riflemen for the better gun which means they hav control of the the AI and alot of people dont use them at all or not to there best.
if that happens respawn as a sniper an head for the hills out the way of the kill fest that all ways happens if the other team are using there AI
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

we talking same thing here AI= artificial intelligence?
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ordered this £29.85 from shop to net looks like I could be falling out with the wife this weekend. Roll_eyes
edited price my mistake
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Spent a week so far on this game, overall I like it although at the moment its still very buggy. I have problems where the scenery just totally dissapears but then again my fan seams to be constantly running and when I return to the main menu after game crashes theres issues with the PS menu (I hope its not my machine).
The game can only be described as a simulator as oppose a FPS more in the Ghost Recon Genre, you need to play this for a while to realise that a lot of what you might think are bugs are all intentional in the interests of realism. None of that quick swapping of kit if you decide to put a rifle away in favour of a pistol it takes time.
So far the online experiance has not been good, even when my connection is ok in other games I rarely get one bar in the server & the meter in the lobby has never showed a decent connection to anyone  Sad
I will play this game a bit longer and hope that a couple of decent sized patches will improve the game play as the concept of the game is excellant and original.  I still prefer the Battlefield series which is sort of midway between, not as complicated as dragon but not as run & shoot as the COD's
I just hope Codemasters get sorted soon with the patches as there bordering on BFBC2 & CODMW2 being released and if the speople who bought this on release or Beta testers as codemaster knows us  Roll_eyes lose intersest and get one or both of the others CM could eay miss the boat and the full potential of the game never be appreciated.