Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onlive Is coming to the UK on the 22nd September

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Onlive Is coming to the UK on the 22nd September

Guys, we're aware that the OnLive traffic prioritisation isn't working correctly at present. There's some maintenance work scheduled for tomorrow morning to fix this...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

swedelong
Grafter

Thanks for that Bob. Glad to hear it's being sorted.
Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi swedelong,
Could you do me a quick favour and check the wireshark please and see if the IP address of the OnLive server starts with 74.85.x.x. As Bob says we've got a fix going in tomorrow, we had a demo version and built our signatures based so just want to check you're seeing the same as we saw.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
swedelong
Grafter

Yep, just checked the source on my run was 74.85.154.15.
Hope this helps.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Perfect thanks, it's not changed so should be fine from tomorrow evening.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: swedelong
I would be interested to know if anyone else on PN has used it successfully yet.
As per my previous posts my better half Is still with Plusnet and I used It successfully on her connection albeit In the daytime and that was on an up-to 8mbps connection.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
ribbox

Hi, while sorting out my issue I looked at the UDP packets and found them all to be 0xa0 (Titanium) but I do have  the Pro-addon so this might have made a difference.
I also have the 74.85.xxx.xx IP range and been using it well yesterday but not too well tonight.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Pro will make a difference as new games get automatically prioritised without us adding them in to the database like other products do. OnLive rollout was completed this morning so should be detected on the other products now too.
We tried it on our test line in the office and saw that it could use up to 5Mbps of bandwidth (we have a ~10Mbps line) and thus a lot of usage but worked fine for us.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Hey OldJim.
I was one of your first FTTP trialist's and benefit from stable 94mbps down and 15mbps up and have just joined Onlive.
However I am too scared to use it for data uage is too high already and a couple of hours a week would kill me.
What package do you think I should migrate to?
scootie
Grafter

woof woof all  Smiley
had my boys on lego batman at 4.30pm and was very impressed with what i saw, tho after the 30 min demo time i swapped um over to lego harry very annoying potter and from word go had blocking of pixels of the video stream every 3 seconds or so, tested this virgin media 30/3 speed and all was normal no reason for it going to pots.
limited couple of mins i had to test at the time gave me the feeling 1. onlive teething problems 2. VM thottled onlive at 5pm ish as from memory it was bang on 5 when the switched games and 10 past 5 when i had a look for them. 3 again a VM thottle but when onlive usage on my connection hit 1gb as my calculations of the time spent on onlive gave a data usage at that level when it went to pots.
wish VM would open up about there shapping rules just like good old plusnet, tho if i had been on PN i think i would of kicked the boys out to play and kepted the 1gb of usage to my self  Grin
20-25mins tbb bandwidth monitoring of the boys lego game gave me around 600MB of usage.
swedelong
Grafter

I'm pretty sure I heard from other fellow gamers that VM start to throttle after 'x' amount of usage within a 'y' hour period.....
For example 2Gb in 4 hours results in DL speeds dropping to ridiculous speed unsuitable for streaming any more.... until the 4 hours period is over and you can download at max speed once again.
I just plucked these figures out of the air, and I may be wrong.... but I'm sure I've read something along these lines.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: jonnywishbone
Hey OldJim.
I was one of your first FTTP trialist's and benefit from stable 94mbps down and 15mbps up and have just joined Onlive.
However I am too scared to use it for data uage is too high already and a couple of hours a week would kill me.
What package do you think I should migrate to?
I am not sure why you should ask me as i don't have access to your account so don't know what you are presently on.
However the highest usage account from Plusnet is Extra Fibre with 120GB usage - whether that would be available to you I have no idea
The rate limits on that are http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml but you can always use the Pro addon
scootie
Grafter

any one tried dirt 3? was like driving drunk, a good 1 second of control lag. cant see this replacing hardware but it compliments gamers choice when on the move.
any one run it on a smart tv, ipad etc yet?