cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Gaming With The Wii

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Online Gaming With The Wii

Just wondering if online gaming with the wii is good as ive just got myself one and intend playing against my girlfriend this evening?plusnet picking the gaming traffic up ok for the wii?
Reply would be most welcomed.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Online Gaming With The Wii

I've not had any issues with it..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Me neither.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well thanks for the replies guys,i can say it was actually pretty good for a free online gaming experience(with the help of my phone line),better than xbox live,no lag,no delays,ran like a dream,which quite amazed me.
Considering doing away with xbox live now if i can find great games for the wii,we played mariokarts And for the record my BETTER half beat me,dammit maybe next time Smiley
Grff
Grafter

Getting rid of xbox live in favour of online play on the wii? Whatever is best for you, but that comment made me laugh. To me, the xbox online service is far superior.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Without getting into some kind of forum war over a console yes that is what i said,we dont play together much and i cant be bothered playing online as much as i used to so i would save £40.00 a year,and me and my girlfriend can still have our gaming sessions and i can still play my xbox,it's a winner surely
badwolf
Grafter

I can fully sympathise with online gaming with your girlfriend - make her feel "involved" without actually having to bother seeing her  Lips_are_sealed
What (good) online games are there for Wii?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I see my girlfriend regulary but i dont live with her,its good to be able to play a game with her now and then though,to be honest i only got the wii a couple days ago but a quick glance at this list of online games for the wii  http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/all_games_1955.html?cb_wifi=true
I would say not many Angry
snoopukairsoft

Will say that the wii online gaming is somewhat nicer than the Xbox for a few reasons.
1. It's free.
2. It's designed to be kid friendly and tends to be very open to new players.
3. It has a wide mix of Games so finding something to enterntain should be quite easy.
Down Side.
1. Doesn't have any guarantees on connection quality.
2. Some of the lobby systems on the games are a little inconsistent, I.E Mario kart, etc.
3. The friend system doesn't follow logically, you register a friend's console, you'll still need to register their unique number in mario kart as well, and that per license(hence above comment.)
It's a shame, thats what seems to be letting Nintendo down.
in abstract, all I've tried of the Xbox and PS3 ones seems to be a very integrated solution.
Maybe that's just my expierience.