cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online FPS lag/stutter

Isabella1

Online FPS lag/stutter

Hi there,

I've had this problem for a long time (years) but did not try to get it fixed until now because I'm backing into fps gaming on a frequent basis. So, how best to describe the problem? There is somewhat of a (micro)stutter with some of the players and myself. When going around corners, I have a low chance of getting a kill if an enemy is immediately present, for example, in CSGO, the enemy manages to pull off a kill shot before I've even managed to see them if they are immediately around a corner I turn into. This may sound like a problem due to my lack of skill but I assure you it is not, this is like a (reverse) pre-fire lag or something. I know there is something off with my internet causing this because 1) I did not have this at my previous residence and 2) I do not experience this whatsoever this at a gaming caffe that I've visited on multiple occasions recently. This problem is present across all my online fps games.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Oh and internet speeds are perfectly fine. Also, I'm using an Ethernet cable. I tried wifi too and noticed the problem exacerbated. The other players were visibly shaking/jittering more.

Many thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Isabella1

Re: Online FPS lag/stutter

I figured out the problem. It was the Plusnet Hub One modem-router. I thought perhaps the processing unit on the PlusNet Hub One modem-router was the culprit and proceeded to test the theory by purchasing a tp-link ac1750 modem-router to replace the Hub One and that did the trick. Online fps gaming behaving exactly like it should now. Night and day difference.

Leaving this information here in case anyone else experiencing the same issue is trying to find a solution. This might have just been a case of bad luck on my part or the PlusNet Hub One modem-router's are not that great for gaming. Either way, perhaps this info will be of help to someone.