Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Mevans1
Dabbler

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Morning all,

So my internet/router went down on Tuesday morning about 1.30/2.00am for about 10 mins. Since then my connection for any device has been poor (so much so that my phone has to be on mobile data because it wont load anything which is costing a fortune). Latency on classic and retail has gone up quite a lot and I keep getting random disconnects on classic. I'm not sure if the disconnects is a plusnet issue or a blizzard issue but thought i'd throw it out there. Haven't been thrown from a flight path recently though so that's good Grin

also how's the levelling going @Gandalf  ?

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Mevans1  I'd say you need to get your line check for a fault base on your experience there.

We're tracking this on IMT-5054 internally.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey All. A whirlwind of magic has been carried out and this issue should now hopefully be resolved. There's only one sure way to find out definitively though by removing the static IPs and giving things a go.

@Mevans1 I've tested your line and everything looks absolutely spot on, is your computer/laptop normally connected directly into your router using an ethernet cable or over WiFi or through a powerline adapter?

I've also removed your static IP along with yours @cb904 Feel free to shout up if you do start seeing this type of issue where you're getting thrown from the flight path etc, so we can re-add the static and investigate further.

@Mevans1 wrote:

also how's the levelling going @Gandalf  ?

Slowly... Still on level 10. Sad Although I had taken some time out to see the outside world (Obviously not as good as the world of Warcraft) and went to Vienna for the past week. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mevans1
Dabbler

Hey @Gandalf 

Wow lucky you! Bet it was lovely!

So far today I've been disconnected and dropped from flightpaths in the middle of nowhere 4 times between 11am-1pm (I didn't use flight paths after that haha)

Latency seems a tad better today but I have attached a pic anyway of what it was like a few nights ago (mainly because its funny how high it got) 

My laptop is connected via WiFi but my pc is connected via ethernet cable and both have had the same issue with latency.

Thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mevans1 Hey. That's disappointing that you're being kicked off the flight paths again. I flagged this to an incident management colleague earlier this afternoon when I saw your post, although I hadn't the opportunity to reply until now. 

Unfortunately* I'm not in the office now until Friday, but if you want to re-add the static IP I'd recommend logging into your account then going to the Add-Ons page Here. I'll be happy to credit the one off fee of £5 we apply automatically. You'll just need to reboot your router once it's been added.

*Fortunately I get the time to continue levelling tomorrow! 

Yup. Highlights for me were feasting on schnitzel and German sausage as well as attending Oktoberfest in a lederhosen.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mevans1
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

@Mevans1 Hey. That's disappointing that you're being kicked off the flight paths again. I flagged this to an incident management colleague earlier this afternoon when I saw your post, although I hadn't the opportunity to reply until now. 

Unfortunately* I'm not in the office now until Friday, but if you want to re-add the static IP I'd recommend logging into your account then going to the Add-Ons page Here. I'll be happy to credit the one off fee of £5 we apply automatically. You'll just need to reboot your router once it's been added.

*Fortunately I get the time to continue levelling tomorrow! 

Yup. Highlights for me were feasting on schnitzel and German sausage as well as attending Oktoberfest in a lederhosen.

Thanks for your reply, I could've waited until you were in the office though, you didn't need to reply from home, there's no rush Smiley

Since your reply I haven't had any disconnects or drops (touch wood!) however I was on destiny2 most of yesterday so it was only part of Thursday I could test it. Internet seems to have levelled out a bit now and connection isn't as bad, still not great but not as bad. 

I am however on classic wow all the weekend hopefully so I can test it properly and see if it happens again. I was on retail Thursday I think aswell and didn't have any problems on there at all.

As for your holiday it sounds like you had a great time! and definitely something to tick off your bucket list. 

and goodluck with the levelling! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for getting back to me @Mevans1 

Sorry again for the delay, it's been a wee bit busy for me. As many moons have now passed, how have things been?

As for your holiday it sounds like you had a great time! and definitely something to tick off your bucket list. 

Yup indeed, I seem to be travelling a lot recently Cheesy

and goodluck with the levelling! 

Thanks, still going slowly... Sad I'll hopefully devote some time this weekend.

I remember the days of my youth when I could play WoW all day and night long with no responsibility. Thumbs_Up

@iosifs Would you be happy for us to remove your static IP and see if you're still having issues with a dynamic? Happy to get you back onto a static at the first sign of trouble, unless you'd be happy to help us out with some testing.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cb904
Hooked

Thought I'd post an update --

Since you removed the static IP I have not encountered any issues at all. Definitely seems fixed for me. Thanks a ton! Smiley

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks for replying.

All:  Let us know if you are running into any other issues in future.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mevans1
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Cheers for getting back to me @Mevans1 

Sorry again for the delay, it's been a wee bit busy for me. As many moons have now passed, how have things been?

No problem Smiley honestly I haven't been on classic for about 2 weeks now and retail ive been only maybe twice in the past few weeks to do things for vulpera rep so as far as wow goes I have no idea if im having issues or not Undecided

I've been on Destiny2 most of the time lately, I keep getting disconnected a lot but I think that's a destiny/steam issue

Once 8.3 is out on retail i'll be back on and i'll see if I have any issues or not haha.