cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

samwalton
Dabbler

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

I've been playing for a couple of hours this morning with no problems (besides those caused by Blizzard's own servers!)

Marilya
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Did it happen again since then @Marilya?

Just over half an hour to go until the big launch.

Fingers crossed it goes well with no issues for everyone playing.

@Gandalf Nope, thankfully, looks like it was just a one-off. Played from around 9pm to 1am with no issues.

@Kelly I mean, I can't say I'm upset that I'm still on static, meant I was guaranteed a smooth launch at least from Plusnet's end... Wink

On a related note, I'm really enjoying this new content!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@samwalton wrote:

I've been playing for a couple of hours this morning with no problems (besides those caused by Blizzard's own servers!)

Good to hear that our issue looks to be resolved, fingers crossed Blizzard can fix theirs soon.

@Marilya wrote:
Nope, thankfully, looks like it was just a one-off. Played from around 9pm to 1am with no issues.

Excellent!

I mean, I can't say I'm upset that I'm still on static, meant I was guaranteed a smooth launch at least from Plusnet's end... Wink

Don't get too comfortable with the static, we'll be doing a sweep at some point soon removing any we've applied free of charge. At least you got through launch night unscathed. Smiley That said, looks like things are resolved for the dynamics anyway.

On a related note, I'm really enjoying this new content!

Noice! Disappointingly I've not found time to to play it yet, but plan to soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
entropy456
Hooked

Hi there,

I purchased a static IP on the account: efreckmann for the BFA launch to be sure that everything would work. Is it possible to please have this cost refunded? If the issue is gone from dynamic IP then you can remove that from our account.

Thanks very much
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey @entropy456.  I nudged @Gandalf to look at this for you today

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@entropy456 static IP has now been banished to the ether and £5 refunded which you'll see within 10 working days. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
entropy456
Hooked

Excellent. Thanks very much
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, as an FYI I don't think I dropped your connection after removing the static IP so you won't be routing the dynamic way until your connection drops either by itself or if you reboot the router.

Though it's been over a week since the new expansion has come out and no-one's shouted at us here, so I'll take this as a good sign that the problem with the dynamics is still fixed. Thumbs_Up 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nichelledewell
Hooked

Hi i just noticed after getting my bill agian today that the last 3 months ive been charged a extra £5 for this service i was told that this would come off my bill as it was a problem your end ?

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi, that shouldn't have happened.  

@Gandalf can we get the IP taken off and refunded please!

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Nichelledewell, from what I can see the static IP isn't showing on your account or your invoices? Mind sending me a screenshot via PM of what you're seeing so I can investigate this further?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nichelledewell
Hooked

Looking on my invoices my bill is now 34.99 and before it was £28 the discount offer is now missing does this mean that my bill has changed i havent been notifyed of this so i just assumed it was to do with this static ip address ?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If you have a look at the breakdown of the cost on the bill you will see what it is for.  Could it be that your discount has ended after your minimum term?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Desatanus

Has this issue raised its head again - I'm getting the same error as 7 months ago - transfer aborted - instance not found … and I believe im still on a static ip address (or at least I know im still paying the extra £5 for a static ip address)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Gary. I certainly hope the issue hasn’t resurfaced but I’m interested to know if anyone is experiencing this again?

If you login to your account then go to Manage Account > Connection Settings > Static IP you’ll be able to see if you’re on a static one or dynamic.

Just to rule out a fault with your connection or line do you experience any other issues?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet