cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

atr_
Hooked

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

@Kelly yeah, right now. I couldn't get into the character screen so I had to restart Warcraft. this was a frequent issue a month or two ago too. then I disconnected twice using my hearthstones, just zoning to different areas trying to trigger the error.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is it frequent enough right now for you to know if it was "fixed"?   I'm expecting it to get worse later in the day

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero

@atr_ wrote:

@Kelly I've captured some wireshark data for you but I'm not sure how to trim down the size? it's only 6 mb but the size limit on this forum is 5 mb, and I can't .zip it up either. what should I do? I captured three errors in a span of about 5 minutes.

Try that upload now.  We've increased the file size limit.

Kelly Dorset
atr_
Hooked

@Kelly

okay, here's the file if it works. and yeah I would notice if a fix actually fixed things. it happens so frequently, and I do agree that it gets worse during peak periods.

Kelly
Hero

Thanks to @atr_ and @JonoH teaming up to smash some alliance heads, we believe we'd isolated what was causing this and fixed it.

Hopefully you should all be able to play without issues now.

If you do see any issues, please jump on here and let us know.    If you don't hear back from us quickly enough, you can buy a static ip and we'll refund you.  I've asked one of our teams to be watching the thread though to hopefully sort you quickly.

Kelly Dorset
entropy456
Hooked

I have had to purchase a static IP due to multiple loading screen disconnects today. 

Please refund the cost, broadband account: efreckmann

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s odd how this topic accrued so many pages and posts in such a short space of time with people having issues, now that it appears to have been fixed the tumble weed is setting in and not so much as a thanks to the guys for their time and effort!

samwalton
Dabbler

If you scroll back there was a big round of thanks the first time they thought this was fixed.

At any rate, thanks for fixing it again.

atr_
Hooked

Too busy playing, maybe? Tongue In any case, I haven't had any issues so far since I spoke to the plus.net dude in-game. Smiley

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Pleased everyone seems to be playing as normal over the weekend. now I just need to pick a main and faction to play On Monday night...

To burn the tree, or not to burn the tree... that is the question.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
skunknste
Dabbler

I have just had a transfer aborted:instance not found error again.

Can you please put me on a static for good.  I will pay the £5 extra (even though i shouldn't have to)

BFA launch is in 6 hours.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @skunknste

Blizzard are having a known issue, if it's just once I wouldn't worry about it, that being said it's better to be on the safe side tonight. I've added a static IP to your account today at no charge. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Marilya
Dabbler

I'm also getting it again, hopefully it's just a one-off thing but there's nothing on the official forums this time Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Did it happen again since then @Marilya?

Just over half an hour to go until the big launch.

Fingers crossed it goes well with no issues for everyone playing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kelly
Hero

@Marilya wrote:

I'm also getting it again, hopefully it's just a one-off thing but there's nothing on the official forums this time Sad

You're actually still on a static IP.  It looks like I missed you out when removing them.   This means you've skipping the part of the network which has been having issues.

How has it been for everyone else since Friday?

Kelly Dorset