Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Thanks @Gandalf

Sorry I've not got round to testing yet, despite I keep promising to.

Yes I can well imagine it is a problem you want to see the back of before the expansion. It won't be pleasant otherwise for you all at HQ Shocked

I am going round later so I will remember to take my removable HD today and see if I get a chance. My character is Aidern (rubbish name - just something that sounded like my real name which will come as a massive shock to you all is actually Alex) on Nodrassil. Okay I am giving away personal data, but in game personal data not outside the game - hope that is okay Mods Tongue

But if anyone is on let me know, I think the different continents and instances are the main things to test. For XP I'll try out the dailies as I'm nearing level 90 now and I really hate that questing area I am in so can't wait to move on from that.

Alex
Community Veteran

Ok not much of an update, but a bit of a one nonetheless.

I took my external HD over with the install, it does look like a bit of a car crash since it is all in pieces with just the hard drive hanging on the outside the external caddy but I take the philosophy of "It works for now, who cares?". Sure we've all done that one before Tongue

The install loads, but it wouldn't connect at to the realm just kept getting disconnected as soon as I tried to log on.

I don't think it is a an ISP (i.e. PlusNet) issue. I was using Wireless and quick bit of browsing confirmed that the internet appears to be working fine. So the connection looked fine. I am wondering if it was an issue their end.

Had to go as it was getting a bit late.

I'll try it again a bit later today, if there is anything I can do then let me know.

James1o1o
Grafter

Was one of the first to get their static IP removed, haven't had any issues since, been playing a bit every day at various times. Looks like the fix may have worked!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@James1o1o glad to hear things are still going well for you. Thumbs_Up

Heads up everyone still on a static IP, we haven't actually removed them yet. As you can probably guess by the length of this thread, there's more than just a few and since it's a manual process I need to find some time to go through all your accounts.

Will update once done. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Gandalf

Rather you than me, sounds like a rather painful process that one Smiley

I didn't go round last night but will be today, as I am up a bit early and see how I go later on. 

Killkenny
Hooked

I'm not sure if I've been changed back to dynamic IP or not, but I played for a couple hours last night and I didn't have any issues.

Hope that's useful in some way Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Killkenny

Yes of course it is.

I don't know if it is true, but did you go into instance as that hits different servers (I could be wrong but I believe it does). Or PvP? Different contients on a ship or whatever the Horde use?

If I can log in today, I may try a low level instance, knowing me I'll probably die and be too ashamed to admit it on here.

For PvP I used to like Alteric Valley (if it still exists), my strategy being die loads, don't really care (as it doesn't cost much) and if you're lucky not to try and nuke the final boss and pretend to yourself you helped in being a DPS when I probably really wasn't Tongue

Sorry EDIT: It may be worth (a PM) contacting a member of staff with your username who can confirm whether you've been switched back to dynamic now, and you've said essentially in your post you've had no issues.

That will help PlusNet to establish whether their fix has worked.

EDIT2: @Gandalf is on the case, so if working today that may be a point of contact.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

You're still on a static @Killkenny

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Enlisting the help of Warchief Thrall, I mean @Kelly everyone should now be back on a dynamic IP.

Shout up if you do start experiencing frequent problems while gaming, and send us a Wireshark.

Lok-tar ogar!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Loktar ogar!

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
samwalton
Dabbler

Thank you all for getting to the bottom of this! Super appreciate it.

mov
Grafter

Just don't call him Green Jesus!

Just to report back on this thread - I've had no further problems similar to original issues. Thanks so much to the persistence and help of staff and users here, even if they are honourless Horde filth.
Alex
Community Veteran

Sorry I didn't get a chance last night, I will try today.

Sounds like the staff have got the problem sorted now from the posts on here, so well done for your persistance whcih sounds as if this problem has been a bit of a nightmare. I can understand.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@samwalton wrote:

Thank you all for getting to the bottom of this! Super appreciate it.

No problems at all. Smiley

@mov wrote:
Just to report back on this thread - I've had no further problems similar to original issues.

Thanks for coming back to us here. I'm really relieved that this seems to be resolved now, and just in time for the launch of the new expansion.

Thanks so much to the persistence and help of staff and users here

Everyones participation here had greatly helped us.

even if they are honourless Horde filth.

And proud of it! For the Horde!

newspic-65461.jpg

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tairbh
Dabbler

My playtime has been pretty limited but I haven't encountered any problems yet, so as others are reporting the same, hopefully this is really it fixed; great job getting it done in time for BfA. Thank you all very much for being so helpful throughout this!