Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

mov
Grafter

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

@Kelly

It was not happening before 7 April. Between 7 April and 12/13 April I had no active connection at my new property. Furthermore, I was not actively subbed in WoW until at least May so it would not have been on my radar then.

By end if May/June this was definitely noticeable straight from the start of WoW sessions.

SIDENOTE: since I reset my router this time around my son's Xbox One can't see the wireless network? Obviously a completely separate issue but could that be something.to do with the range I am on now? Never had the issue before now. I can create a new thread for this.
Killkenny
Hooked

Hi all,

So incredibly glad that I have found this thread! I have been having the exact same issues, not for one second did I think it might be ISP related.

Would it be possible to get me onto a static IP too please?

Many thanks!

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

So, some good news.  We think we've identified the cause of the problems with playing WOW when you were on one of our dynamics IPs addresses and have applied a fix.

It's looking better right now, but because we haven't been able to replicate it ourselves in the office, it's hard for us to prove it. 😕

@Killkenny When were you last having issues?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

We're glad you found it too, really sorry that you've experienced some issues but we've assigned you a static IP for now. 

Once we fix the problem we'll remove it automatically. Well the cat's out of the bag now Tongue I wasn't going to mention it until we knew Tongue 

See you in game! 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@mov wrote:
SIDENOTE: since I reset my router this time around my son's Xbox One can't see the wireless network? Obviously a completely separate issue but could that be something.to do with the range I am on now? Never had the issue before now. I can create a new thread for this.

Should be completely unrelated.  If you are still having problems, make a new thread please.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Killkenny
Hooked

@Kelly, Probably about 30 mins ago.

@JonoH, Should I reset my router to have the IP change?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

No need, I've done it from here Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
samwalton
Dabbler

Really happy to hear that @Kelly! Super appreciate all your help here, when I opened the thread I didn't expect to hear much back except 'restart your router, reinstall the game, etc.'

Will update here if I run into the problem again.

Marilya
Dabbler

@Kelly, it was around mid-June for me too. Really happy to hear that you might have fixed it, I'll update if I get any more issues. I guess I'll have to play tonight to test it, what a shame... Tongue

Thanks for all your help on this, you've all been awesome!

mov
Grafter

Yeah likewise I will report back if I run into issues, otherwise that should be it from me.

Thanks to everyone in this thread. What a result!
scotty24

t

DrakeCore

Having similar problems as everyone else who has come here. problems only really started when i sorted out my connection to be stable through an Ethernet connection to my router.

transfer aborts, world server down, failure to log into game servers getting all of these and more.

I would like to request a static IP in the hopes that it fixes it as it is becoming severely annoying

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @DrakeCore

If you're still having issues following a fix we rolled earlier today and are wanting to play tonight you can add a static IP to your account from Here. The system will add £5 to your next invoice but I'll be happy to refund it on this occasion.

Alternatively if it can wait I'll check things out tomorrow and be able to add a static IP free of charge if you're still having issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DrakeCore

I'll put up with it for tonight. ill likely not be playing much tonight anyway. thanks for getting back to me so quickly and i hope you are able to sort this out for me

James1o1o
Grafter

@Kelly wrote:

So, some good news.  We think we've identified the cause of the problems with playing WOW when you were on one of our dynamics IPs addresses and have applied a fix.

Just out of pure curiosity, are you able to share what you think the cause was? Must have been a really strange problem for it to be so intermittent.