Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Hi @Tairbh,

Do you have a link to that thread please? I'm trying to keep an eye on them all, more information might help us identify and resolve this faster. I'll even have a few hours playing tonight to see if I get any errors.

Thanks 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
mov
Grafter

I've also had no issues since the static ip move over.
Tairbh
Dabbler

Hi, it's at https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620462090 - descriptions of the error messages sound identical to my experience so it may well be related.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Tairbh, @mov I'm happy to hear you both have had no issues since having had a static IP.

@carljones, let us know how it goes over the weekend following the changes you've made. I'm hesitant to add a static IP to your connection atm, as if the problem is resolved over the weekend we won't know what resolved it.

Cheers for posting back. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carljones
Dabbler

Played for about an hour and then the problems continue. I ran a wireshark capture around the "instance not found" and then finally getting onto the class hall. Not sure how helpful it will be but see attached.

Xume1

Hi all,

I also just created a forum account, I was the OP in a thread linked earlier today, I also didnt think this would be a plusnet issue (which in hindsight is obvious since I used a different internet provider while at university). Im having all the issues mentioned in the first post. Would just like to reiterate that I am having the problems at random times of the day, seems to be no pattern, I have recently just been logging in to do world quests/order hall missions (which if you're ootl, pretty much means logging in and out of all my characters and experiencing lots of loading screens) which roughly 1/3 initial log ins turn into "World server is down". After logging in i usual go through more loading screens through teleports which results in Transfer Aborted instance not found.

I am sometimes able to play for hours without problems,other times, just logging on takes a a good 15 minutes. As a temporary fix, as soon as i feel that i'm going to have an issue I just alt+f4 then try again, it sometimes works then. Hoping there is a fix on the way, it is infuriating, especially with the expansion release a month away.

Also, I am unsure if this is relevant but the wow Legion companion app has 0 problems.

tonihly

Hi, 

I'm also having the same issues as described by the other users here.

carljones
Dabbler

Still having the same issues, for now I am playing fine using my mobile data and phone as a hotspot. At the moment no issues at all so  far.

carljones
Dabbler

Tried again today and same issues as reported. Back on mobile data to run tonights Raid.

James1o1o
Grafter

I've been getting this problem for the past month also. It's really annoying. The issue is so intermittent and really hard to narrow down what is causing it. It is 100% a problem ISP side though, because only people on Plusnet have been having the issue and there isn't a common element to causing the problem.

The best way to trigger it, is to fly between two different zones uisng the flight master, eg: Orgrimmar > Azshara, and when you arrive at the location, you get *stuck* on the bird, unable to move, and after around 20-40 seconds, it pulls you straight back to Orgrimmar with the message "Transfer Aborted: Instance not found". It happens around 50% of the time, very easy to replicate, at least for me, but it never happens when I use my mobile data. It's extremely frustrating because anything that involves you moving between world instances, which is 99% of Legion content, causes the problem, and it ends up sending you back 5 minutes worth of travel.

This is the latest post from other people on Plusnet having the issues including me:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620462090

mov
Grafter

Static IP definitely appears to have resolved the issue on my end. Have not had an instance of this occuring since it was switched on nearly a week ago.

Did have a weird random reboot on router though around 2030 last night. Treating this as separate as it is the only occurrence I've had of this.
carljones
Dabbler

Spent most of the weekend  using mobile data due to these issues. Played a bit today using Plusnet but still experiencing the same problems sadly. Will have to look at alternatives as the mobile data is going fast 😞

samwalton
Dabbler

I haven't been playing much the past week, but did play for a few hours last night and didn't run into any problems.

James1o1o
Grafter

Didn't the staff make changes to your connection to fix it? Is it possible to get these changes made on mine also? I just want to play WoW but the constant issues are so frustrating.

carljones
Dabbler

Not that i am aware of mate. I made a number of changes to improve connectivity . But think they are looking at a common fix rather than giving fixed IP's out. Not sure what though.

EDIT 

Been playing for 2 hours with no issues now, not sure what has changed , but longest i have gone with out a restart.