cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a NAT type 1 on PS4 with Plus Net Home Hub

sandmatt
Dabbler

Obtaining a NAT type 1 on PS4 with Plus Net Home Hub

Has anyone managed to obtain a NAT type 1 on PS4 with a Plus Net Home Hub?

I'm sure at one point on PS3 I had it setup with my old Plus Net router, and possibly my PS4, I can't really remember as I stopped playing these sorts of games for a little while (thank you werewolves within...). I hadn't noticed any NAT type issues until I started playing Destiny 2 and it kept logging me out. Low and behold it was failing the NAT type test. I sorted it to get to Type 2, although then when prodding to make type 1, I found that I could undo everything I did and still get Type 2.

Player count feels a little low in the game and I'm wondering if opening the system up more would obtain me more p[layers and quicker games.

Anyway... has anyone obtained NAT type 1 with the above configuration?

I tried Portforwarding as using instructions best I could on the Plus Nett hub. I believe I have set the PS4 to a static IP, I tried setting to DMZ and turning off UPnP (although I'm not sure what impact that will have on other devices and software). All of these had no effect.

Any help or comments?

8 REPLIES 8
OryxCallotis
Grafter

Re: Obtaining a NAT type 1 on PS4 with Plus Net Home Hub

Literally the only way I ever managed to get NAT1 via Plusnet was by plugging the vdsl modem directly to the ps4. Means that nothing else can use the internet though because the router isn't being used.

I think NAT1 and NAT2 are essentially the same, but you could try testing it if you have VDSL and the BT modem. I never really noticed any difference when I tested it.

sandmatt
Dabbler

Right - so is it worth using DMZ, or manual port forwarding over UPnP, or do they all give the same result?

Are there different degrees of NAT type 2? (I've seen this suggested elsewhere.) Shame that Destiny 2 doesn't share much about it's connection with you unlike the first / CoD etc.

The hubs an all in one so I don't have a separate modem. I'm sure this was possible on my old technicolor (plusnet supplied) router.

OryxCallotis
Grafter

I always keep my ps4 in the DMZ of my router, no downsides as far as I know.

sandmatt
Dabbler

I've done that I think, although I'm not sure how you test it. I'm still getting NAT type 2- shouldn't the DMZ make this type 1?

What do you have your UPnP set up like? On/ Off? Extended security?
OryxCallotis
Grafter

Oh, when I said test it, I meant test only using the modem. But if you don't have it then I don't think you can test anything until you get one. If you have just the modem then there isn't any pnp or anything to mess with because the router isn't being used.

You will always get NAT2 with a router I don't think it's possible to get NAT1 with it.

Destiny 2 has some network problems afaik it's probably on their end.

sandmatt
Dabbler

I've only had one disconnect due to a cabbage error, butnwhikst the farm is full, I get matched in crucible but when in patrol areas there is like max only 5 other players. Seems emptier than original destiny somehow.
Stressh3ad

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13610

I regularly get thrown out of destiny 2 on a ps4 that is wired directly I to the router.

I have set the router for.gaming access. Used the link below and followed it.

Still no joy.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Increasing-gaming-compatibility-with-the-Thomson-TG585v8-XBOX/...

This is getting really really annoying.

Any further advise any one can give.

@sandmatt wrote:
I've only had one disconnect due to a cabbage error, butnwhikst the farm is full, I get matched in crucible but when in patrol areas there is like max only 5 other players. Seems emptier than original destiny somehow.

OryxCallotis
Grafter

Like has been said in another thread, any connection issues with games is probably the technicolor router you get bundled with plusnet. Pretty much every stock router from any ISP will have similar problems.

I'd just recommend getting a w9970 off eBay, you can get them for a couple quid if you're willing to search every day. I have a bid on a second one for 1p and no-one else has had a bid on it for a week. Otherwise, they cost about £35 off amazon.