cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Xbox - With 1 game only?

LukeAger
Grafter

Noisy Xbox - With 1 game only?

I have a the new style xbox 360 slim 250gb and use it mainly for sky go and netflix however from time to time i actually get chance to play games on it.
Its always fine with most games like BF3, dead island, skyrim ect.... however last night I put in Left4Dead 2 and it started making a god awful noise. I quickly opened it up, the disk was in fine and couldn't see any immediate problems. I put it back it and the noise started again.
I put another few games in and there was no noise. I have checked the disc for Left4dead 2 and looks in perfect condition, there isn't a single mark on it, yet it makes my xbox noisy when i put it in.
Has anyone come across this before. Suggestions?
(i usually have the xbox stood up on its side but iv tested this flat and stood up)
11 REPLIES 11
waynem
Grafter

Re: Noisy Xbox - With 1 game only?

Hi Luke
i have had this before  and all i could put it down to was the  head  having to search for the info on different parts of the disc ...trouble is its hard to say without hearing the Noise ! , will it install to Hdd ?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It could well be an 'out of balance' disk, it's surprising how fast these things rotate and a slight balance issue can make a lot of noise.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I get that with some games on my PC but its when they have strict DRM, so could be your Xbox DVD drive is needing a clean or the heads realigned.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
LukeAger
Grafter

Thanks chaps,  i'll give it a clean and see if that helps. The disc still seems to play so I will try and instal it to the Hard drive.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

luke best advice i can give you is throw the darn thing in the bin and become a real online gamer Wink Get a pc lol
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just as a check - and assuming it fits physically - see what happens if you use it in a PC optical drive
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: ukste
luke best advice i can give you is throw the darn thing in the bin and become a real online gamer Wink Get a pc lol

Tongue I don't think I qualify really as much of a gamer. Its just now and then why I can get a moment online. I'm a MAC man myself which has its advantages however gaming is not one of them. I had to forfeit the life of a PC gamer when I opted for an OS that worked  Grin
James
Grafter

I'm a MAC man myself

I find this strangely ironic.
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

I'm a MAC man myself

In every sense of the word.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Jameseh
I find this strangely ironic.

Subtle Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Just as a check - and assuming it fits physically - see what happens if you use it in a PC optical drive

^^^^
alternatively you could try installing the game to your xbox hard drive and see if its the same once playing the game assuming the disc boots?