Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby help needed

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Newby help needed

Hi
I am thinking of dipping my toes in the gaming pool.
Never having tried this before (yes there are loads of us around),
my question is which of the available PN games servers would you recommend as this will decide my next online purchase. Sad
Edit: .....or maybe I should just jump in with both feet with a name that I know.....
Quake Cool

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
6 REPLIES 6
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Newby help needed

Dude,
www.steampowered.com - free to download and make an account.  they have lots of good and cheap games, the benefits or steam are the licence code and game are stored on their server so there is never anything to lose or copy.
alot of us play Counter Strike source and Team Fortress 2 - TF2 is like cartoon animation but it's a very good red versus blue team game.
i've not seen a plusnet server in the online server list, but you'll have no problem with either game, everytime i refresh i see atleast 3000 servers for each.

Strat
Community Veteran

Hi Pete
I looked here for games servers.
I've played the various Quake versions but never online so it's more of a familiar name then anything else.
Thanks for the info Smiley
I'll talk to my son's mate as well who's a regular gamer on PN and get some tips from him. He's going to find it well hilarious but he'll get over it.  Embarrassed
BTW He went to the LAN Party and had a great time.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
zubel
Community Veteran

CS: Source and TF2 are certainly popular.
I was at the LAN party too!  Great fun and looking forward to the next one Smiley
B.
Strat
Community Veteran

Yeh but are they good to learn to die quickly on Barry Grin
Maybe I would prefer to live a little first Embarrassed

But I am grateful for the advice....cheers
pcoventry76
Grafter

yup i've got that page i jsut cannot see it in the list so i connect directly with the IP
i blame clockley he's got me into all these games, hehe yes TF2 is very good indeed
clockley
Grafter

I may have gotten you into them, but you arent complaining, are you?