cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet - Xbox live Problem?

Beanie85

New to Plusnet - Xbox live Problem?

Hello, i have just moved over to Plusnet this week (Plusnet Extra Broadband) but i am having problems with my Xbox 360 not conecting to xbox live via wireless since i've moved to Plusnet.
It worked fine before on my previous ISP but it crashes when testing connection, it finds network but fails on the internet test.
It works via wired connection...but would rather have wireless working.
I have a Netgear DG834G Router...with Xbox 360 S (built in wireless)
Does plusnet have sum different settings?
Any help much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
prichardson
Grafter

Re: New to Plusnet - Xbox live Problem?

Hi Beanie85,
There are no service specific settings you need to use. You should set the XBox to automatic configuration for all settings, other than needing to specify the wireless name and wireless security key.
Were you using the Netgear router whilst using your previous provider?
As the wireless is a local feature (between the Netgear and XBox), and that Wired connection work, this does suggest a local problem and not a broadband problem. We will be able to indicate more once we know which device was in use before using Plusnet.
Beanie85

Hi
Yes i was using the same router with my previous isp provider....have'nt changed any settings other than my new plusnet broadband details.
Just was strange that the xbox wouldnt connect anymore. But i have checked a few other wifi gadgets any they connect fine to internet.
Maybe my xbox wireless has decided to die on me.....  Sad
JimNicho

I'm having almost the same problem. My xbox was connecting fine over wifi but when I turned it on today it wouldn't connect. I just plugged a cable in and it connected first time.
markos
Grafter

Absolutely identical issue here.
I moved to Plusnet from Zen this week, and for some very peculiar reason I can't connect to XBL wirelessly. Works fine with an Ethernet connection, but not wireless. I've also got an Xbox Slim (with a built in wifi adapter) and a Netgear DG834G v5 router. All identical hardware to this time last week when the wireless was working with Zen.
All my other wireless devices are working fine.
I wondered if the router had got some sort of corruption so I reset to factory condition, re-entered the Plusnet connection settings and eagerly checked wireless connection to XBL and still the same problem.
Doing the Xbox connection test it passes the "Network" leg, but fails on the second leg, the "Internet". So it's connecting to the router, but can't get out to the internet from there?
I've spent a while talking to "Scott" at Plusnet tonight and he has been quite thorough, but can't see why there's an issue.
Then spent ages with an Xbox support person, and we've done everything from resetting the network connection on the Xbox to manually entering the DNS server.
Suggestion is to ring Xbox tomorrow when the lines are open again and speak to their connections team.
I will also take my router and xbox to work (still have Zen as the ISP) and try it there. if it works at work then it has to be Plusnet, right?

waynem
Grafter

Hi Guys ...i,ve mentioned this to plusnet before  mine shows as MTU fault  , if you restart your router it should be ok ... but becareful too many restarts  cause the monitoring software to think your connection is faulty so down come the speeds ...
hope this helps even a little
Den
Grafter

Having a similar problem to you guys mine sometime connect to Xbox live and also the same with Playstation network but disconnects as described by you guys do you think it could be a faulty router ora new firmware update needed?
Thanks
Den.