cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New game - Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii

phil
Grafter

New game - Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii

Last night my copy of Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor:_Heroes_2) arrived - finally a decent FPS for the Wii!
MOH:H2 has a 32 player online mode which was good at times but I lost my connection 3 or 4 times. Can you add the game into the PN network profiles?
There are 8 missions but the main thing I've been after on my little white box is some online multiplayer 🙂
(even though I sit across the office from Tommo, he's making me post here to get the game added - that's self service for you!)
8 REPLIES 8
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: New game - Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii

If you'd like to run a Wireshark trace and raise a ticket including a copy of the trace, I'm sure that Networks will pick this up fairly soon
Grin
B.
p.s. I hope you have a wifi sniffer available *giggle*
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hey Phil,
As Barry says you can run a Wireshark grab, either by sniffing the Wifi packets or by routing your Wii traffic via your PC, that should work.
But actually it's quite interesting, I've been doing a bit of reading up on this game see if I can see anything obvious that might be up. The ports it uses seem to already be defined as gaming, but it's possible we have some missing for it. I think it probably needs you to play the game when we can check the traffic flows and see what's happening. I've had a look at some other forum posts and there are others having a problem on other ISPs and in other countries so it might be something EA's side, but we should be able to find out.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
phil
Grafter

Thanks lads
I haven't got a wifi sniffer though so it would have to be Dave's option. Anyone know of a good how-to?
Darren here in PlusNet towers has also suggested that the wifi might be the problem - again, anyone had good / bad experiences with Wii wifi gaming?
zubel
Community Veteran

My only wifi experience with the Wii was beating orbrey repeatedly at Guitar Hero 3.
That was fairly unreliable at the best of times - 'if' the connection dropped you'd have to completely exit out to the Wii Home screen then reload the game Sad
If you currently have a wireless router, but a wired PC then it will be fairly difficult to wireshark the communication between the Wii and your router.  However, I reckon you'll have the equipment at Plusnet Towers to do it Wink
Hard life - having to play a game in the name of 'research' Grin
B .
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I have played mario charged strikers on line a few times.
It was more painful getting a game (either against a friend or someone random) on that that it was getting a game on COD4 on the PS3. And that was painful enough!
Put me off the idea of multi-player gaming on the Wii as that was only 1 on 1. And the reg is now reporting they want to charge for it. Hmm.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
phil
Grafter

I've made progress, with some guidance from Dave.
Last night I was temporarily online in the 'BBYW Pro' profile. This was much better than before
- I connected to the EA 'lobby' almost instantly, where there had been a 10 second delay
- Choosing and joining a game was just as fast
- Playing itself worked great also - when I connected, that is...
A few times I was accepted to join a game, the map was loaded but before I could begin I was kicked from the server. This happened 4 out of 5 tries. However, Dave has pointed to some blogs that report this as an EA problem rather than a PN one. Also, I may have to add some forwarding onto my router so that the Wii gets the data it needs.
Dave's going to add the EA lobby port to the network. Once EA sort their problem out *hopefully* I'll be 100% ready to play.
Regarding the EA problem and the port forwarding though - not exactly a plug and play experience! As simple as Wii gaming should be, it still suffers from a learning curve that I worry will be beyond some people.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah, looks like it needs this port forwarding - UDP port 3658 and it also uses these ports - TCP 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80 and 443. Which as far as I can see are all defined for Wii gaming. I'm trying to track down what the lobby ports are and get them added.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

[quote=Hovering_Bonce]My only wifi experience with the Wii was beating orbrey repeatedly at Guitar Hero 3.
http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/457859
Fancy a rematch then?  Grin