cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Xbox Live User Agreement Bars Lawsuits Against Microsoft

Steve
Seasoned Pro

New Xbox Live User Agreement Bars Lawsuits Against Microsoft

In the fine print of the user agreement you must approve to activate the new Xbox Live Dashboard that Microsoft rolled out this week, you must agree to waive your right to sue the company.
This language is similar to clauses inserted in recent user agreements from Sony and Electronic Arts. The Microsoft agreement, it states that users whose claims against the company have not been satisfied through normal customer service channels must then submit to a binding arbitration process -- and are not able to engage in any lawsuit or class action against the company.
Even more notable is the provision that states Microsoft's liability to any user is limited to around $5 for Gold Members and nothing for Silver users.
Seems like you're giving up a lot of your legal rights just to use the new Dashboard.

Source.......http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/08/new-xbox-live-user-agreement-bars-lawsuits-against-microsoft.aspx
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
3 REPLIES 3
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: New Xbox Live User Agreement Bars Lawsuits Against Microsoft

I'm disappointed at the massive amounts of Sky in there.  I don't want sky and I don't want my xbox filled with them 😕
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
David_W
Rising Star

How to block the ad's just for you Kelly Smiley
godsell4
Rising Star

You have statutory rights, there is nothing you can do or sign which will remove you right to sue if the subject is one covered by statutory rights.
The Sales of Goods and Service Act is one of them ... so XBOX live is a service and is therefore covered.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed