cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub One PS4 & PS3 Nat Failed... help?!?!

vortexjim

New Hub One PS4 & PS3 Nat Failed... help?!?!

Hi folks , 

Just got a new Plusnet Hub One through the post... all hooked up ok  ,  
Phones 
Imac
Macbook pro 
Pc 
are all working fine , but on my PS4 and PS3 , they connect to the network but I get:
Nat type : Failed 
and can't play anything online.... What do I do? where do I start?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
SteveSob

Re: New Hub One PS4 & PS3 Nat Failed... help?!?!

I've been having a similar issue with my xbox one and no one at Plusnet support could figure out what the problem is.

I tried setting up port forwarding manually, resetting the xbox and router and disabling and enabling upnp. I tried putting the console on DMZ but nothing worked.

Perhaps try all the above first but I eventually solved the problem by switching to a static IP address.There seems to be an issue with IP addresses beginning with 51.XXX.XXX.XX.

I switched to a static IP beginning with 80.XXX.XXX.XX and everything is working perfectly. 

You can see if you can switch to static IP by logging into members centre and clicking on "Add-Ons"

Good luck.

mantasrb

Hi there,

I too have recently had issues with this. I have fibre optic 80/20 with the hub one.

After months with no problem (well not this problem) the last 2 weeks I have been unable to play online on my ps4 due to Nat type constantly failing. I have tried forwarding the required ports to no avail. Playstation UK cannot help me further and plusnet refuse to get involved with port forwarding. I am at the end of my tether with it all and will be calling plusnet in the morning to cancel my now pointless connection.
vortexjim

I'm lost to be honest... 
I've been on fibre for over a year using BT box and the original Technicolour router with no problems at all.. 

New router arrived yesterday , and speed upgrade is supposed to compete today and figured I'd be better with the Hub one and just have the single box.

I don't know how to port forward properly/safely ... Plusnet won't give me any help and say that its an issue with my PS4 and PS3 ..... even though its been working fine with previous routers... 

Looks like i'll just have to switch back to the two box setup... either that or use my 14day cooling off and find a different supplier....

legume
Rising Star

Maybe when contacting Plusnet you should ask if you are now on the new network see the screenshot  of a chat here.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Xbox-one-strict-NAT/m-p/1348225#M17831

zeroi13i

@SteveSob

Fixed it just like that, had no issues with my connection since i switched to plusnet, 2 days ago my NAT type started failing, tried everything from port forwarding, DMZ, New router and was told by support it was an ongoing issue and they are waiting for sony to respond.

Read your comment, noticed my IP did start with 51, Enabled the static on my account, swapped to a 212.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address, now my PS4 is back to Type 2 NAT.

Have updated my support ticket but i'm guessing there is an issue with the 51 range.

Thanks for the help Smiley