Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Game to List

Alex1986
Grafter

New Game to List

Please can you add,
CrossFire - its pretty much the free version of CSS. Really good fun. Every so often i keep getting huge lag spurts into this game, where my ping (which is normally 171 - a bit shoddy i must as on another connection at my other house i got 120) can fluctuate to around 400 - 500 sometimes making it impossible to play the game.
The URL is here: http://crossfire.subagames.com/index.aspx?from=&subid=
Much obliged! Thanks in advance!
Alex.
21 REPLIES 21
scootie
Grafter

Re: New Game to List

do a wireshark capture and add the file to a ticket
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
Alex1986
Grafter

Rather than go through all that process to get nowhere at all, lets just move it forward so adding it to the games list? been through the wireshark and ticket palava before, its a wasted process. Im saving time on both sides here.
have a deeks at that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/RUFUS-/pingplusnet.jpg
That says enough surely?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The wireshark capture will be useful to identify the traffic for the signature of the game, also ports and servers may well be needed.
Strongly advise doing a wireshark capture and submitting a ticket.
Although I can understand your frustration, let's keep it nice  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex1986
Grafter

Very well.
The wireshark pcap can b found here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/217477701/Crossfire.pcap.html
I shall raise a ticket etc, although i dont see the point, i have no doubt that as soon as it is added to the games list it will work fine, just as did Requim Bloodymare which was a previous game i had problems with.
I have all faith in the plusnet team,
Thanks again.
Ahhh another question whilst here - Are there any general tips for improving / lowering ping during online gaming? Especially when both myself and my flatmate play in he same server at the same time?
scootie
Grafter

turning interleaving off if it isnt all ready is the best thing you can do to improve pings on your line.
EDIT: as your pc gamers you might want to disable wireless zero config http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74974.0.html
you might want to add the wireshark cap to your ticket if you havent allready
Rather than go through all that process to get nowhere at all, lets just move it forward so adding it to the games list?

this is the way to get a game on list whats better than a wireshark cap to get all the ip's ports ect for PN network guys to make a sig?
Alex1986
Grafter

I tried that, unfrotuantly it makes no difference. This lag is so weird, one moment its fine, sometimes i can evn go a few hours without problems then suddently the ping starts fluctuating, going crazy, from 190, to 300, then to 500, then to 1500, to 3000, to 300, to 700, to 6000, to 8737 at the worst ever lol. it can go on like this for hours, cconstantly changing, then... it goes noraml again. Steady 180.
It does exactly the same to my flatmates when he is playing, with me or alone.
scootie
Grafter

once the games traffic is being picked up as 0xa0(titanium) post back if your still getting ping spikes.
It does exactly the same to my flatmates when he is playing, with me or alone.

by alone do you mean his pc is the only one using the connection at that time?
edit: going to install this game so i can help you out abit better. hope its not to addictive  Grin
Alex1986
Grafter

Oh be careful... it is seriosuly addictive, especially if you paly the GM Ghost mode... its SO much fun. Problem is with the addiction comes the frustration at crazy pings.
Yes i mean alone like when he or playing alone on that connection and i am not. (im probably playing guitar hero).
Quote from: ASBO
once the games traffic is being picked up as 0xa0(titanium) post back if your still getting ping spikes.

I dont understand what you mean sorry? Is it a game traffic problem? its not seeing the gaming traffic as the correct type?
scootie
Grafter

you did a wireshark cap which says PN are giving it bronze(0x00) priority
i am just saying wait for PN to get it classed as titanium (0xa0) as the big ping spikes will most likely disappear
Alex1986
Grafter

Reet, well its been over 10 days since they added crossfire to the recognised servers list. Daytime play has improved, infact its constant and normal. Evening times see no change at all... ive got 5000 ping m/s still. General internet use is pretty poor also... im getting "virgin-net" transfers of 1kb/s just over MSN...
There was a new patch installed into crossfire a large one... would that of effected servers? i don't know. Did you install the game in the end ASBODOG?
So what now....?
scootie
Grafter

i did yes but just after loggin in to boot the game up it kept saying hack dected and shut down on me. cant rember its name but the game has some sort of hack software bundled with it.
i did'nt have enough time to start trying to get to the bottom of the problem so affraid i got rid of it.
as your still having issues with the game i will have another crack at the problem and see how it perfroms on my connection if i get it running
Alex1986
Grafter

Well... ive rung PN up today, as im getting ridicolous pings, latencies, and its just back to how it was, nothing has changed, there has been no improvement, and i see the even though we are way past the 10 day waiting period, infact we are now DOUBLE that time, and i see that crossfire is STILL not on the recognised server list.
Its also currently exam period, 3rd year of Uni, i need to do research at home, the internet won't load pages up, it fluctuates, sometimes deciding that everything is fine and loading up, others it won. Just the same as the ping in crossfire. I work all day at uni, i come home for a bit of gaming and relaxation - no, nothing but sheer frustration.
Ive been told to d/c my router tonight, and ill get to phone call tomorrow. If this isnt fixed by the end of this week, im leaving plusnet im afraid. Im paying for nothing at the moment... its wasted money. Better just to pay for a more expensive connection, but as the expression goes " you get what you pay for ".
Good luck to Team plusnet, my monthly payment really is hanging in the balence.
James
Grafter

Hi Alex,
I can see that yor game addition did get approved.  I'm just trying to find out if the addition happened (the forum post you're referring to isn't a comprehensive list.
Regarding the browsing issues currently, we've a service status out regarding this and expect it to be fine shortly and we should have permanant fix out tomorrow.
Alex1986
Grafter

Went to test the game today... 110 ping... 110! From 180 normal, to an unbelievable 110! It was like playing on wired! Fantastic! Ahhhh plusnet have fixed it i thought? Ive never even had 110 ping! EVER! and as far as im aware plate tectonics have not moved Canada any closer to the UK, so something wonderful has happened!
Did it last? nahhhh...
I recieved the email from plusnet after they tested the line, of course saying the problem is my fault , as expected. Fine. Funny the moment i recieved this, the ping went back to 180 as normal... and this problem is "my fault"... well... i didnt change anything, so quite clearly there are some fibs being told. Unfortuantly in this situation, im a geologist, internet connections are not my area, but i can put two and two together to realise the only side were changes, (temporary if that?) were made, was the plusnet side.
Whats going on now?  Ive got to use the web for the next 4-5 hours browsing needless references to Spains Hercynian orogeny, after which ill chill out and play some crossfire. Lets see how it goes. This whole thing is still hanging in the balence.
110 lol... from 180... lol... i have a feeling my bandwidth is being jipped somewhere along the line...