cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, PSN connection trouble.

IanH23

New Customer, PSN connection trouble.

I'm a new customer, just set up today with provided white router, connected to PSN fine with network set up but once I start any game It signs me and and when I try and sign back in it gives me a "The connection with Sony Entertainment Network timed out", any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Customer, PSN connection trouble.

Hi, is this with the Playstation connected wired or wirelessly? Have you tried putting the PS3 into the DMZ on the router via the router's admin pages?
meanalf

Might it be an idea for your tech support be able to talk people thru how to give the ps3 a static ip and then add it to a DMZ instead of telling them to look on portforward.com.
As a new plusnet user I was quite surprised at the lack of knowledge and the fact they didn't seem to care.
dick:quote
Blim
Grafter

DMZ Is not a recommend setting for opening ports. It's a security risk as it opens all ports. You should use Port Forwarding.
What router are you using?
To set a static IP on the PS3 you will need to navigate the PS3 network settings and enter the settings manually. This way you keep the same local IP and the Port Forwarding rules still apply after you reboot the PS3.
Should look something like this (depending on your router).
IP: 192.168.1.120
sub: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1

EDIT: DMZ is a good way to trouble shoot the problem. In this case I would turn off Port Forwarding so the rules dont conflict with DMZ while testing.