cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for Speed Undercover - Any personal reviews on it ?

Kevster
Dabbler

Need for Speed Undercover - Any personal reviews on it ?

Has anyone bought this, from the graphics it reminds me as a rip from the latest GTA, only having the option to be the good lot Police or is there something im missing? .........
So consequently not sure to get it or not ?
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Need for Speed Undercover - Any personal reviews on it ?

I've played the first three races and it seems to be in a similar vein to the previous installations. Unfortunately it doesn't agree with my PS2 controller and USB adapter and involuntary jack-knifes the car rendering the gameplay aspect of the whole thing pretty useless Sad
So if you're planning on buying it for PC then I'd check to see if your controller works with it first.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

havent played it my self. but was talking to some one when i was playing grid and he said he had completed it and only had two days and was on his way down to game to exchange it after he had fhinshed on grid. so not a great review from that guy.
if you have got grid the 8 ball pack is out plus the 4 new achievements on xbox.
roll on jan for the relaese of race pro
adheelios
Grafter

I played it the other day Kev (PS3), thought it was OK but not overly impressed. Too much sun glare off the track when your racing which looks really tacky but if you liked the old ones you'll probably think its amazing!  Grin

did play the new tomb raider btw and thought that was pretty sweet, but i've always enjoyed them games tbh 
Crazy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you like the other NFS games and want more of the same, then get it - it's back to being more like NFS Most Wanted, which for me is the strongest of the series. However there is absolutely nothing new in this one, you've seen it all before.
If you're after a good driving game, get GRID over this any time.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're after a good driving game, get GRID over this any time.

If you want a good racing sim try out rFactor or Live for Speed, both brilliant when combined with a force feedback wheel.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Destrike
Dabbler

its not too bad, def done before.. but then most EA games these days have been! (apart from RA3.. rts ftw!).. just been playing it on the PC with my ps3 Sixaxis.. seems a little over sensitive to the analog sticks.. but then thats a hardware issue and no the game itself.. fun enough, but  probably shop around some if in case you find a cheaper alternative Smiley
Kevster
Dabbler

Well I bought it, admittedly for the PS2 on the cheap and its not really GTA 4 quality although its not that fair to compare two games on different platforms, perhaps if its in Games pre-owned bin, after xmas when the presents have been delivered and traded in. Ill may pick and 360 version up but, still feel its a little disappointing from EA even on PS2.